Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Where theirs smoke theirs fire. He doesn't want to be here. You can tell by the lack of anything this off season. he is doing nothing to help us. He needs to go.

That's simply not true. Alex Hassan, Wesley Wright, resigning Delmon Young on the cheap... are just the kind of moves we've come to expect from Duquette. Jimenez hasn't worked out and Cruz was an aberration. DD may be distracted but he's not doing "nothing".

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We just need Duquette to finally come out and put this to rest. If he's staying he should have made a statement already. So, until I hear it, I assume he's going. I still prefer that he stays. You don't change what ain't broke.

Is it safe to say DD is staying for now, given the fact that Beeston is going to stay on for 2015? Or could the Blue Jays still "acquire" DD and have him train under Beeston for a year?

This whole thing is so confusing.

We just need Duquette to finally come out and put this to rest. If he's staying he should have made a statement already. So, until I hear it, I assume he's going. I still prefer that he stays. You don't change what ain't broke.
As has been stated a few times, what kind of statement will really matter? Do you mean like the one Gary Kubiak gave Baltimore a couple weeks ago?

The only statement I want, and one which I never expect to get, is that MLB has charged Toronto with tampering.

Actually, we need the Blue Jays to step up and announce whether or not they are looking for someone to fill a position and what that position is.

- We've heard that Ed Rogers contacted the O's about speaking with Duquette. But Ed Rogers has no position with the Blue Jays, though he does represent the investors (Rogers family) on the Rogers Communications Board of Directors.

- We've heard Paul Beeston say (last month) that he was staying in his position with the Blue Jays through the 2015 season.

- We then heard that the Blue Jays were still after Duquette, and there were reports that a deal was near.

- We now hear a report from a sports journalist that Beeston is staying through the season and the Blue Jays will hire someone afterward.

BUT THE BLUE JAYS HAVEN'T MADE A STATEMENT ABOUT ANY OF THIS.

The only thing that is clear is that the Blue Jays are allowing -- if not outright directing -- seeds of discontent to be sewn in the Orioles front office and among Orioles fans. Whether or not they succeed in hiring Duquette, they already have been successful at poisoning the well of Duquette's employment with the Orioles. In so doing, they have not acted in the best interests of major league baseball.

I believe that Major League Baseball should:

1) Require the Blue Jays to make their intentions clear

2) Ban Ed Rogers from acting as a representative of the Blue Jays in personnel matters for a period of several years

3) Fine the Blue Jays for fomenting a "toxic" environment in the Orioles front office

4) Force the Blue Jays to compensate the Orioles in some way for the damage they have done

5) Start a 48-hour clock during which the Orioles and Blue Jays can agree to compensation for the Blue Jays hiring Duquette. If no agreement can be reached, the Blue Jays would be banned from entering into employment discussions with Dan Duquette until his contract with the Orioles ends.

Major League Baseball can do all of this, and they should.

Actually, we need the Blue Jays to step up and announce whether or not they are looking for someone to fill a position and what that position is.

- We've heard that Ed Rogers contacted the O's about speaking with Duquette. But Ed Rogers has no position with the Blue Jays, though he does represent the investors (Rogers family) on the Rogers Communications Board of Directors.

- We've heard Paul Beeston say (last month) that he was staying in his position with the Blue Jays through the 2015 season.

- We then heard that the Blue Jays were still after Duquette, and there were reports that a deal was near.

- We now hear a report from a sports journalist that Beeston is staying through the season and the Blue Jays will hire someone afterward.

BUT THE BLUE JAYS HAVEN'T MADE A STATEMENT ABOUT ANY OF THIS.

The only thing that is clear is that the Blue Jays are allowing -- if not outright directing -- seeds of discontent to be sewn in the Orioles front office and among Orioles fans. Whether or not they succeed in hiring Duquette, they already have been successful at poisoning the well of Duquette's employment with the Orioles. In so doing, they have not acted in the best interests of major league baseball.

I believe that Major League Baseball should:

1) Require the Blue Jays to make their intentions clear

2) Ban Ed Rogers from acting as a representative of the Blue Jays in personnel matters for a period of several years

3) Fine the Blue Jays for fomenting a "toxic" environment in the Orioles front office

4) Force the Blue Jays to compensate the Orioles in some way for the damage they have done

5) Start a 48-hour clock during which the Orioles and Blue Jays can agree to compensation for the Blue Jays hiring Duquette. If no agreement can be reached, the Blue Jays would be banned from entering into employment discussions with Dan Duquette until his contract with the Orioles ends.

Major League Baseball can do all of this, and they should.

Unfortunately the MLB executive who could do any of this is being deposed and his emails open for discovery in a billion dollar litigation.

Is it safe to say DD is staying for now, given the fact that Beeston is going to stay on for 2015? Or could the Blue Jays still "acquire" DD and have him train under Beeston for a year?

This whole thing is so confusing.

My guess is that he is staying through 2018 and the Blue Jays will move on. Possibly outside the baseball world. Maybe Andy MacPhail would like that job. He has been a president before. Make no mistake, that job is absolutely something Dan Duquette and his ego would want to aspire to.

As has been stated a few times, what kind of statement will really matter? Do you mean like the one Gary Kubiak gave Baltimore a couple weeks ago?

The only statement I want, and one which I never expect to get, is that MLB has charged Toronto with tampering.

DD is best to keep his mouth shut right now about it, and just let Buck talk about it.

"I talked to Dan today. I saw him. I trust and I know our club is running the way it should be in the offseason. I'm very proud to work with Dan."

----------

But Showalter shrugged off the uncertainty.

"We're fine," he said. "The way we've set it up, it kind of runs itself. We've got a lot of good people in place, including Dan, and I'm looking forward to the season."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-pathfinders-0122-20150121-story.html

A tipping point in the Dan Duquette saga may be approaching, and while some deft manoeuvring is still required, leverage may be shifting to the Toronto Blue Jays in their pursuit of the Baltimore Orioles executive.

To be sure, Major League Baseball is running out of patience with the ongoing mess and the damaging perception that’s been left to linger. One industry source tells Sportsnet baseball officials are nudging the Orioles to either strike a deal for Duquette or shut down the matter entirely.

Time is ticking down on this.

source - sportsnet.ca

We have tried to "shut down the matter entirely," it's Toronto that keeps pursuing it, along with MLB.

Boy, does this sound "toxic"...or not

Orioles manager Buck Showalter said the franchise is not in any limbo because of the Toronto Blue Jays' ongoing interest in hiring away executive vice president Dan Duquette.

"Not at all," Showalter said Wednesday before speaking at an autism charity event organized by former Orioles outfielder B.J. Surhoff. "I talked to Dan today. I saw him. I trust and I know our club is running the way it should be in the offseason. I'm very proud to work with Dan."

source - Baltimore Sun

Boy, does this sound "toxic"...or not source - Baltimore Sun

I am not going to day that Ken Rosenthal made anything up. Or that Roch misinterpreted the tone of a statement. But I think we are way out over our skis to say that things are toxic and dysfunctional. It's morning in America. And in Baltimore.

I am not going to day that Ken Rosenthal made anything up. Or that Roch misinterpreted the tone of a statement. But I think we are way out over our skis to say that things are toxic and dysfunctional. It's morning in America. And in Baltimore.
Tony points to some dysfunction in the organization. I doubt any organization is exempt from it, so it would surprise me if that wasn't the case to an extent in Baltimore. It's also possible that someone in the organization interpreted it as "toxic." The real question is the level of the guy that said it. As I said at the time, I doubt Roch spoke with John Angelos and Buck puts out fires, not starts them. Be that as it may, the perception is out there, and the media prostitutes on the national level (not Roch) are happy to promote the soap opera for all the attention they get from it.

source - sportsnet.ca

We have tried to "shut down the matter entirely," it's Toronto that keeps pursuing it, along with MLB.

Well, assuming Roch's reports (and others) to be true that we are negotiating and/or are open to compensation offers along with DD's pretty weak statements, I'd say we have not really tried to "shut down the matter entirely".

Go for it, Peter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Should add that it's not out of the realm of possibility that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> look into tampering charges against Jays. Certainly been discussed</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tony points to some dysfunction in the organization. I doubt any organization is exempt from it, so it would surprise me if that wasn't the case to an extent in Baltimore. It's also possible that someone in the organization interpreted it as "toxic." The real question is the level of the guy that said it. As I said at the time, I doubt Roch spoke with John Angelos and Buck puts out fires, not starts them. Be that as it may, the perception is out there, and the media prostitutes on the national level (not Roch) are happy to promote the soap opera for all the attention they get from it.

Supposedly more than one person used the Toxic word. And I am sure there is some unrest. Tony is very specific about some of that sourcing. And Tony speaks frequently with some of the folks themselves that would be miffed by this. And it is not all just about Dan being interested in a 5x promotion.

Archived