Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont' know who Jeff Hoffman is but he was drafted 9th in the draft last year is 22 and just had Tommy John surgery? Seems like we could do better that. We are talking about someone who could never pitch in the major leagues potentially.

Give me prospects that are sure things and a year or less away from playing in the bigs.

I can see a bigger rivalry coming out of this. Especially once you add in the fact that Donaldson is now with them.

I am old enough to remember when this was a genuine rivalry, period. Beginning in 1989, I hated the Blue Jays more than any professional or collegiate sports team in North America. Those early 90s Blue Jays were as talented a team as I have seen, and it killed me that we just could never get over the hump against them. It wasn't until about 2003 that I stopped hating that team.

I dont' know who Jeff Hoffman is but he was drafted 9th in the draft last year is 22 and just had Tommy John surgery? Seems like we could do better that. We are talking about someone who could never pitch in the major leagues potentially.

Give me prospects that are sure things and a year or less away from playing in the bigs.

Amen. So, everyone that said this was a non-issue and DD was devoted and dedicated to Baltimore are now ready to give up for a former top prospect with Tommy John? That's all it took to get them to the other side? That isn't a coup, that seems great for a guy you were going to let go anyways, but not for someone you seriously didn't want to lose.

I am old enough to remember when this was a genuine rivalry, period. Beginning in 1989, I hated the Blue Jays more than any professional or collegiate sports team in North America. Those early 90s Blue Jays were as talented a team as I have seen, and it killed me that we just could never get over the hump against them. It wasn't until about 2003 that I stopped hating that team.

Yep, I was born in 1985 and my introduction to baseball saw the Blue Jays as the Orioles biggest rival.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Have heard <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> pushing for bigger value with compensation from jays in exchange for not filing tampering charges</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O's playing hardball, and I have to say I'm a fan.

Amen. So, everyone that said this was a non-issue and DD was devoted and dedicated to Baltimore are now ready to give up for a former top prospect with Tommy John? That's all it took to get them to the other side? That isn't a coup, that seems great for a guy you were going to let go anyways, but not for someone you seriously didn't want to lose.

He isn't a former top prospect who had a recent setback of Tommy John surgery. He was drafted 9th overall KNOWING THAT HE WOULD NEED TOMMY JOHN surgery.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Have heard <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> pushing for bigger value with compensation from jays in exchange for not filing tampering charges</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Yeah Dan Connelley tweeted this about 30 minutes ago. Seems to make sense.

Angelos knows no other way! Go get 'em, Peter!

He isn't a former top prospect who had a recent setback of Tommy John surgery. He was drafted 9th overall KNOWING THAT HE WOULD NEED TOMMY JOHN surgery.

Okay-but still, it is a risky pick. My point is the same. One player (that is high risk) is all it took you from going to "Dan is our man for life" to "see you later Dan"?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Have heard <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> pushing for bigger value with compensation from jays in exchange for not filing tampering charges</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Make them pay! Muhahahaha

ec6185160d70ee4643ac357906676c90.jpg

I believe he was a projected top 5 pick, potentially even #1 overall before his injury.

I'd love for Brady Anderson to be the new GM, but I'm not sure if he's experienced enough to be a GM yet. How about we have co-GMs like we did several years ago? Make Brady Anderson and Andy MacPhail co-GMs. Then MacPhail can leave after a few years and Andserson can become the lone GM.

Because the dual-GM worked so well before? I don't think so. Brady majored in Ecnomics at a top 50 university so I don't doubt he has the smarts for the job. But I really know nothing about his leadership skills.

Archived