Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else ready to have an off-season that doesn't come off as a circus? Between having to settle on exile GMs because no one else wanting the job, being exiled from scouting an entire country (well half but I doubt we're sending scouts north anyway), and now this fiasco. At least the O's finally started winning some games.

That's what I meant but can they be traded this early?

So basically a guy that can help contribute now or is AAA and a draft pick. Or 2 lesser prospects and a draft pick, something like that or this guy Hoffman and a draft pick.

Toronto doesn't have a competitive balance pick so they don't have a pick to trade.

Regardless, there will be a GM below DD. Whether that is Anthopoulos or someone else remains to be seen but I would be surprised if Anthopoulous is gone before September.

I would take that bet. I think he is gone by November...I mean September...

I am pretty confident he will be let go sooner than later.

[video=youtube;xx38ow4miX4]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Have heard <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> pushing for bigger value with compensation from jays in exchange for not filing tampering charges</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O's playing hardball, and I have to say I'm a fan.

Cold comfort is better than no comfort.

Because the dual-GM worked so well before? I don't think so. Brady majored in Ecnomics at a top 50 university so I don't doubt he has the smarts for the job. But I really know nothing about his leadership skills.

Absolutely! The dual GM of Harry Dalton and Frank Cashen put the World Series teams of 1966, 69, 70, and 71 on the field.

So you're unwilling to give him credit for anything? Angelos hasn't really caused any problems in a while and playing hardball with the Jays to get good compensation for DD is certainly not something to complain about.

Sure-Ill give him credit for one minor thing, but sorry the years of misery and ineptitude overshadow his ownership tenure.

Would that count as a PTBNL?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeff Hoffman signed on 7/2/14 he is not eligible to be traded until 7/2/15. PTBNL have to be named within 6 months of transactions <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BadRule?src=hash">#BadRule</a></p>— Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JimBowden_ESPN/status/558345932241387520">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

Was orginal tweet that he later recanted. Hoffman can be PTBNL.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Told by reliable source nothing imminent with Duquette and jays. Nothing through weekend and may not happen. But jays keep pushing.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source close to situation added that if a team pushes hard enough "something can happen" So stay tuned as always</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Oh, BTW, it looks like the O's can prove tampering was involved

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Have heard <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> pushing for bigger value with compensation from jays in exchange for not filing tampering charges</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Told by reliable source nothing imminent with Duquette and jays. Nothing through weekend and may not happen. But jays keep pushing.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source close to situation added that if a team pushes hard enough "something can happen" So stay tuned as always</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

LOL-what a joke. This could be Roch helping out the O's though.

Archived