Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Told by reliable source nothing imminent with Duquette and jays. Nothing through weekend and may not happen. But jays keep pushing.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source close to situation added that if a team pushes hard enough "something can happen" So stay tuned as always</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Jays balked at the recent price? I wish this crap would just get resolved.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Have heard <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> pushing for bigger value with compensation from jays in exchange for not filing tampering charges</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

O's playing hardball, and I have to say I'm a fan.

How much of a threat is tampering charges? MLB would oversee the case.

With the situation at the point where the O's are negotiating compensation, I would expect/hope that DD has been removed (at least temporarily) from his duties as GM.

The alterative would seem to be to just order the entire FO to stand down on any trades/signings which seems to be the reality. I who or if anyone is in charge of the hen house.

Angelos is all about winning his little legal battles, and doesn't seem to give a hoot to the damage that this episode is causing the organization, both the present distraction and the future image problem will cause with hiring talent.

With the situation at the point where the O's are negotiating compensation, I would expect/hope that DD has been removed (at least temporarily) from his duties as GM.

The alterative would seem to be to just order the entire FO to stand down on any trades/signings which seems to be the reality. I who or if anyone is in charge of the hen house.

Angelos is all about winning his little legal battles, and doesn't seem to give a hoot to the damage that this episode is causing the organization, both the present distraction and the future image problem will cause with hiring talent.

We are looking at Reimold, Schierholtz (sp?), Ichiro, etc. Nobody is knocking down their down to sign these guys. We will wait until ST is around and make a move when everyone else is back at work and they still don't have a job.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Asked John Manuel of Baseball America where Hoffman would rank on O's prospects list IF acquired. He feels No. 2 behind only Dylan Bundy.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

Would make a trade of one of the 6 more imminent...done by whom is another question.

Hoffman's recovery would prevent him from playing much (developing) this spring, but is anyone else a little uneasy about the idea of having OUR prospect remain in the Blue Jays system for another six months?

Especially now that we know what kind of business they run...

What kind of business?

Seems like they want top executive talent.

They sign free agents.

They make trades

They develop players.

What am I missing here!?

What kind of business?

Seems like they want top executive talent.

They sign free agents.

They make trades

They develop players.

What am I missing here!?

Tampering with another team's employee isn't too far off from sabotaging another team's prospect...

I don't actually think Jays would ever do that, but I'd prefer not to have one of our players under their control.

If I'm Angelos, I hold out for Sanchez or Norris or the deal is off, and we keep our guy.

Archived