Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So now it seems that the Orioles are taking advantage of the situation to extort the Blue Jays...threatening to file tampering charges if they don't give us what we want. This could end up being quite ugly.

Meanwhile fulfilling Dan Duquette's request to attempt to work out a settlement. WinWin.

I mean he must have some kind of position with the Blue Jays or else he wouldn't have a say in the search for a new president. I am a little unclear about what role Rogers has, though.

He is listed with the MLB as the controlling agent for the Blue Jays. So that is his official capacity.

You literally have to look no further than Giolito to realize what a stupid mistake it would be to trade Hoffman right now.

I know that AA loves Hoffman, but I'm not sure they would consult with AA on the compensation. If they see him having a conflict of interest in the situation because of the likelihood of Duquette's presence meaning lesser job security for Alex, they may leave him out of the fold completely.

Normally these things are kind of easy to predict. You say "well there's absolutely no precedence for this, nobody could be dumb enough to give up a chip like Hoffman for a guy like Duquette, it's simply not happening", but this fool Ed Rogers is a very uncomfortable and unpredictable wild card that we know nothing about, and his existence creates some very bothersome doubt.

I changed a few adjectives to protect the children.

So now it seems that the Orioles are taking advantage of the situation to extort the Blue Jays...threatening to file tampering charges if they don't give us what we want. This could end up being quite ugly.

Ugly can be a beautiful thing. I hope PA sticks the knife in and twists. Twice.

Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowden_ESPN 2m2 minutes ago

Jeff Hoffman signed on 7/2/14 he is not eligible to be traded until 7/2/15. PTBNL have to be named within 6 months of transactions #BadRule

Lol, what a dumbo. 6 months from now is July 22nd.

They feel about Heyman as I do about Kenny.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/matttomic">@matttomic</a> I found the offer sheet presented to the Jays! <a href="http://t.co/NaE2Hqqdzi">pic.twitter.com/NaE2Hqqdzi</a></p>— Michael Gallant (@mike_gallant80) <a href="

">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jim Bowden: Bad math class never mind

Jim Bowden: 6 months to July 22nd…Hoffman eligible to be PTBNL

lmao, this dummy is a disgrace to every writer and every executive that has ever existed. How does he have a job?

More slander ;)

If the Jays make an unprecedented offer, then it is silly for the Orioles to refuse it. Everyone is available for the right price.

The ONLY reason I would be ok with Dan leaving. I'm a huge fan, EVEN if he was forced to stay here and is disgruntled.

Archived