Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Gee Ken, you were the one that kept banging on the story publicly. Have any regrets? Yeah, I doubt it.

There are penalties for that, right, Kenny? For the first time ever you take them to task.

Do you mean it won't be all sunshine and rainbows like it supposedly is in Chicago after Williams considered resigning?

You know what was offered then? Tell us more. Actually, you don't know.

Don't worry though, Ken. Your TV gig for the network in New Jersey is safe. Sit on a couple phone books in a chair behind a desk and act all smarmy, barking out your reports. Harold "Peanut" Reynolds will slap you on the back.

Roch said “…there are people in the organization who think this was not handled properly.”

I am sure he is right. If all the fake leaks had not occurred, I am sure it would have gone better.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Rosenthal is bitter at all. I suspect he couldn't be happier at the way things turned out. Every step of the way he's been able to feed the soap opera and at the end look down from on high and demand an accounting from both the Orioles and the Blue Jays. The digs at Angelos must have been particularly satisfying. As far as Ed Rogers is concerned, well there's not much sport in skewering him is there?

I've never respected Rosenthal's tactics and this latest episode has done nothing to change that. However, I have to say that this was one very professional job if you're a fan of this kind of journalism. Unfortunately I'm not and I hope this latest development will truly be the end of this mess.

Gee Ken, you were the one that kept banging on the story publicly. Have any regrets? Yeah, I doubt it.

There are penalties for that, right, Kenny? For the first time ever you take them to task.

Do you mean it won't be all sunshine and rainbows like it supposedly is in Chicago after Williams considered resigning?

Don't worry though, Ken. Your TV gig for the network in New Jersey is safe. Sit on a couple phone books in a chair behind a desk and act all smarmy, barking out your reports. Harold "Peanut" Reynolds will slap you on the back.

Basically, Rosenthal accuses Rogers of tampering and Angelos of not doing what Kenny wanted him to do. It's clear which of those two Ken considers the greater crime.

He doesn't hate the Orioles but I do feel he has issues with the owner.

And of course Eddie.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ved45">@ved45</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/OriolesHangout">@OriolesHangout</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Bill81361">@Bill81361</a> I have written a LOT of nice things about the Orioles in the last few years.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sure, Ken, sure

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ved45">@ved45</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/OriolesHangout">@OriolesHangout</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Bill81361">@Bill81361</a> I have written a LOT of nice things about the Orioles in the last few years.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sure, Ken, sure

He begged the question. I wasn't asking about the Orioles I was asking about Angelos. He kinda answered it later. Sorta. Not really.

He begged the question. I wasn't asking about the Orioles I was asking about Angelos. He kinda answered it later. Sorta. Not really.
Dipper, President of the Angelos fan club, can tell you I have written a lot of criticism about Angelos over the years. I don't blame him one bit for fighting this one. He thought he had the club's future secured, possibly after he was gone, and Ed Rogers created a huge mess that will linger, maybe for years.

LINK

That’s probably not possible at this point, though the Blue Jays can take some solace in being in much better shape than the Orioles, who appear to have badly overplayed their hand on Duquette and now find themselves with an executive vice-president, baseball operations who wants to be elsewhere.

Note the difference in tone from Encina compared to Rosenthal

We still need to hear from Duquette on the situation, especially since it’s well known that he coveted the Blue Jays job. But as much as skeptical Orioles fans can pick Duquette apart for his perceived lack of loyalty, we must remember that the Toronto job would have been a promotion for Duquette. Presented with the same situation, how many of us would have at least wanted to pursue it?
Duquette now has to pick up the pieces, claim allegiance to the Orioles and show fans that he’s committed to building a winner in 2015 and beyond. And he shouldn’t wait until Saturday’s FanFest event to do that. There’s no better time for that than now.
He’ll also have to mend fences within the Orioles organization, where some didn’t know whether Duquette was staying or going.
source - Ed Encina

Rosenthal -

Any moment now, Duquette will renew his vows to the Orioles and pledge to win the franchise's first World Series since 1983. His words, though, will ring hollow

This is great, but all of this needs to be posted in a manner where Ken will actually see it. I am so sick of that man. I love the MLB Network, but when KR is on I flip the channel.

LINK

That’s probably not possible at this point, though the Blue Jays can take some solace in being in much better shape than the Orioles, who appear to have badly overplayed their hand on Duquette and now find themselves with an executive vice-president, baseball operations who wants to be elsewhere.

As opposed to a lame duck president and a GM who hasn't accomplished crap? And a team that has woefully underperformed despite paying top dollar with a manager who is very ho-hum? On what world are they better off than the O's?

Dipper, President, CEO, and Founder of the Angelos fan club, can tell you I have written a lot of criticism about Angelos over the years. I don't blame him one bit for fighting this one. He thought he had the club's future secured, possibly after he was gone, and Ed Rogers created a huge mess that will linger, maybe for years.

Fixed that for ya!

Archived