Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I found this quote from Buck interesting in Roch's entry today.

"I hope he stays if there is an option there for him. But I try not to delve into those things."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/showalter-on-duquette-and-wieters-on-his-throwing-progression.html

It's probably just Buck speak, but it sounds like there may have been a few bridges burned by DD over this whole situation.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a Twitter exchange with Ken this morning.

@ChaosLex

@Ken_Rosenthal As an @Orioles fan, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the Jays tried to poach Duquette at the start of the offseason.

@ChaosLex

@Ken_Rosenthal Really lousy for the Jays to poach Duquette the day before the Winter Meetings AND this late in the offseason. #Orioles

@Ken_Rosenthal

@ChaosLex Hard to argue that. Still should have been handled better by both sides.

I found this quote from Buck interesting in Roch's entry today.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/showalter-on-duquette-and-wieters-on-his-throwing-progression.html

It's probably just Buck speak, but it sounds like there may have been a few bridges burned by DD over this whole situation.

Option there ( In canadia) He is saying even if there is an option for him to leave, I hope he stays. I listened to the inflection and the presentation of those words and feel I am right.

I think sending Toronto someone who might be a quality pitcher for the next three years is a fine payment for letting them have Dan.

No way a move like that can backfire!

Option there ( In canadia) He is saying even if there is an option for him to leave, I hope he stays. I listened to the inflection and the presentation of those words and feel I am right.

Yeah. The inflection of those comments would be helpful. I didn't hear the interview myself.

I think sending Toronto someone who might be a quality pitcher for the next three years is a fine payment for letting them have Dan.

No way a move like that can backfire!

I'm somewhat surprised that he didn't suggest sending Adam Jones over in the deal as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, it was inappropriate for Rogers to publicly lust after a replacement for Beeston, who was the Jays' first employee, served two stints as president and earned a spot on the team's Level of Excellence.
Gee Ken, you were the one that kept banging on the story publicly. Have any regrets? Yeah, I doubt it.
The Jays almost certainly tampered with him.
There are penalties for that, right, Kenny? For the first time ever you take them to task.
Any moment now, Duquette will renew his vows to the Orioles and pledge to win the franchise's first World Series since 1983. His words, though, will ring hollow
Do you mean it won't be all sunshine and rainbows like it supposedly is in Chicago after Williams considered resigning?
The Orioles could have asked the Jays for lesser prospects. They could have offered right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez, who is owed $38.75 million over the next three seasons (the transfer of an inflated contract would have been an unprecedented but justifiable form of compensation). They could have explored any number of creative possibilities, but Angelos was ever the righteous attorney, rigid to the end.
You know what was offered then? Tell us more. Actually, you don't know.

Don't worry though, Ken. Your TV gig for the network in New Jersey is safe. Sit on a couple phone books in a chair behind a desk and act all smarmy, barking out your reports. Harold "Peanut" Reynolds will slap you on the back.

Gee Ken, you were the one that kept banging on the story publicly. Have any regrets? Yeah, I doubt it.

There are penalties for that, right, Kenny? For the first time ever you take them to task.

Do you mean it won't be all sunshine and rainbows like it supposedly is in Chicago after Williams considered resigning?

You know what was offered then? Tell us more. Actually, you don't know.

Don't worry though, Ken. Your TV gig for the network in New Jersey is safe. Sit on a couple phone books in a chair behind a desk and act all smarmy, barking out your reports. Harold "Peanut" Reynolds will slap you on the back.

This is my favorite post. Ever. Thanks.

Archived