Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I am of the opinion that if they want DD, he should be allowed to go. As much as I love the job he's done, he's not irreplaceable. This job should now be attractive to any candidate since DD has proven that Angelos will get out of the way and allow the people that know what they are doing to do their jobs.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am of the opinion that if they want DD, he should be allowed to go. As much as I love the job he's done, he's not irreplaceable. This job should now be attractive to any candidate since DD has proven that Angelos will get out of the way and allow the people that know what they are doing to do their jobs.

If Manny Machado wants to play for the Yankees should the Orioles just let him go? What if he has dreamed of it since he was a kid?

If Manny Machado wants to play for the Yankees should the Orioles just let him go? What if he has dreamed of it since he was a kid?

Is Manny gonna be the CEO of the Yankees?

Generally, these things are different for front office types.

I agree that he should stick by his contract, but these types of things happen in executive type jobs. I would definitely expect compensation from the Blue Jays if he accepted the job, though.

Generally, these things are different for front office types.

I agree that he should stick by his contract, but these types of things happen in executive type jobs.

Yeah, but why? A contract is a contract. We let the wealthy middle-aged guy white seek career advancement for more money but not the young hispanic kid? Seems hypocritical.

This has nothing to do with Hispanic vs White.

So much this. Dan want's to go be the CEO. I hate to tell Murphdogg that Manny will most likely never be CEO of the Yanks.

I like Duke in Baltimore. I want Duke in Baltimore. I think he should honor his contract.

That said, if his heart and desire is really on the promotion to BJ CEO or whatever the hell it is, let him go. As long as we have Buck, I trust we can find another GM to run this team.

I would however expect compensation. Bautista would work! :smile11:

DD has a contract and a tremendous opportunity to complete the turnaround of what was once the best franchise in baseball. He's working with what many consider to be the best manager in the game. All this in an arena where the spotlight is never off and employability is based on performance.

The glass is half full Dan. More than half full. And it's that great tasting Baltimore municipal water. Drink up.

Ok carry on then. In the future please do not post subscription required content without permission from the owner of the work. Thanks.

ESPN has never had issue with posting snippets from insider pieces, as long as you don't post articles wholesale and provide a link to the work. But whatever, boss.

This is newsworthy only because I think most people, myself included, assumed this issue was dead in the water, at least for this year, because of a couple reports about Beeston staying on another year at least.

Olney saying "In spite of that declarative statement, however, this situation has legs" and stating that MLB is pushing for a deal suggests otherwise.

The real question is not whether Dan will improve the team, as mentioned he has to keep the team competitive to be thought about for the job next year. The real question is whether Angelos is going to let Dan make meaningful changes knowing he wants to go to a competitor.

If for example Dan goes to Angelos and says I think I have a good deal on the table for Justin Upton but he is going to be gone after next year, I don't think Angelos is going to let that happen. And in some ways I wouldn't blame him.

The best thing that can happen right now is for the Orioles to work out compensation, trade Duquette and get a new GM in place as fast as possible. Extra kudos if they do it right and go get Kim Ng for the spot.

So much this. Dan want's to go be the CEO. I hate to tell Murphdogg that Manny will most likely never be CEO of the Yanks.

Either you believe your employees should honor their contracts or you think they should be allowed to seek the best possible situation for themselves. The Orioles releasing Manny would have a much more positive impact on Manny's life than releasing DD would have on his life. Manny could sign a long term contract guaranteeing him financial security for the rest of his life. Duquette might see his annual salary double. Dan has been in the business for decades and presumably has a retirement plan. Manny is 21 and newly married. Who needs it more?

Archived