Mussina does not make my HOF ballot

wildcard

I agree. You should always get a ballot before me. So you will let the cheapers in but not Rose. Interesting.

Rose shouldn't get in before Shoeless Joe. Shoeless Joe is the biggest injustice in the MLB. Clemens and Bonds are not so nice folks but both are HOFerS, with or without the juice. I assure you many will get in that were on the juice but just not caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm only 27 but Pedro in his prime was the best pitcher I've ever seen.

I cannot understand any case against him not making it to the hall of fame.

Especially not Wildcard's.

AL ERA in 2000 was 4.92, Pedro had the best adjusted ERA since 1960

1.74 ERA, 217 IP, 128 H, 32 BB, 284 SO, 17 HR

Please don't take this as a personal attack but...

people like OP are the reason why the baseball HOF voting is such a mess right now. There are SO MANY deserving candidates on the ballot. I count 15. Most of the great players of the last era are being denied for silly reasons.

Rose shouldn't get in before Shoeless Joe. Shoeless Joe is the biggest injustice in the MLB. Clemens and Bonds are not so nice folks but both are HOFerS, with or without the juice. I assure you many will get in that were on the juice but just not caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careening OT here, but Shoeless Joe conspired to throw WS games. Took money to lose, regardless of how well he performed in the end. One could argue it is an injustice, but so could one argue Rose - while by all accounts a far worse person than Jackson - never bet against his own team. While Jackson was a more sympathetic figure neither man is without sin, and "who's sin is worse" is debatable.

Please don't take this as a personal attack but...

people like OP are the reason why the baseball HOF voting is such a mess right now. There are SO MANY deserving candidates on the ballot. I count 15. Most of the great players of the last era are being denied for silly reasons.

I count 3. For the first ballot. Maybe 3 more later.

Careening OT here, but Shoeless Joe conspired to throw WS games. Took money to lose, regardless of how well he performed in the end. One could argue it is an injustice, but so could one argue Rose - while by all accounts a far worse person than Jackson - never bet against his own team. While Jackson was a more sympathetic figure neither man is without sin, and "who's sin is worse" is debatable.

But when Rose didn't bet he was telling his bookie he thought his team would lose.

I'm only 27 but Pedro in his prime was the best pitcher I've ever seen.

I cannot understand any case against him not making it to the hall of fame.

Especially not Wildcard's.

A truly great player stays at that level for more than just 7 years.

I agree, he was the most dominant pitcher during that time. But he needed to stay at a high level to be considered a truly great all time player... he was an average 3.50-4.00 ERA type of pitcher outside of that dominate period.

I agree, he was the most dominant pitcher during that time. But he needed to stay at a high level to be considered a truly great all time player... he was an average 3.50-4.00 ERA type of pitcher outside of that dominate period.

You could be arguing the same exact thing against Sandy Koufax.

Historically great peaks should absolutely be recognized through election to the HOF.

You could be arguing the same exact thing against Sandy Koufax.

Historically great peaks should absolutely be recognized through election to the HOF.

I know Koufax is in the HoF, but I personally wouldn't have put him in. He was great for a short period of time, pedestrian otherwise... yes, it is the same argument. But at least he COULD have been better for a long time if he didn't have injuries which ended his career.

I value consistency over a players career over short spurts of dominance.

18 years during the height of the steroid era with a career ERA of 2.93. A slam dunk.

I know Koufax is in the HoF, but I personally wouldn't have put him in. He was great for a short period of time, pedestrian otherwise... yes, it is the same argument. But at least he COULD have been better for a long time if he didn't have injuries which ended his career.

I value consistency over a players career over short spurts of dominance.

I saw him pitch. He deserves to be there.

Archived