Rays may look to trade Zobrist

Saintbird

I'd love Zobrist, but I doubt they'd trade him to us. He'd fit perfectly on the team, so its a shame.

He will fit perfectly on most teams due to his versatilty! He is everything that Flaherty worshippers (for lack of a better term) envision him to be only the real deal! Would love him on the O's! :agree:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flame away, but I'm trading Schoop and someone like Tim Berry for Mike Wright for Zobrist. I know many O's fans love Schoop but I'm really not interested in seeing if he can improve his .598 OPS to .650. I think this deal would get done - b/c look at what the Rays got back for Wil Myers.

Zobrist can play either RF or 2B and they are clearly our weakest positions right now.

Flame away, but I'm trading Schoop and someone like Tim Berry for Mike Wright for Zobrist. I know many O's fans love Schoop but I'm really not interested in seeing if he can improve his .598 OPS to .650. I think this deal would get done - b/c look at what the Rays got back for Wil Myers.

Zobrist can play either RF or 2B and they are clearly our weakest positions right now.

For one year?

I have no issue with trading Schoop. I looked at 22 yo that played in at least 100 games had and OPS of aprox .600. Guys like Bip Roberts, Nellie Fox and Ed Brinkman showed up.

I have no issue with trading Schoop. I looked at 22 yo that played in at least 100 games had and OPS of aprox .600. Guys like Bip Roberts, Nellie Fox and Ed Brinkman showed up.

1) None of those guys had anything close to the power Schoop has.

2) All of those guys played at least ten seasons in the majors. So not horrible.

3) Both Fox and Brinkman had at least 247 PA in their age 21 seasons, so I'm not sure their age 22 seasons matchup that well with Schoop's.

Zobrist would be a great fit for us. Much better than anyone else left on the market. But I don't see the Orioles matching up well with the Rays. And I don't see them trading him within the division.

I don't think the Orioles will trade Schoop. And honestly I don't think they should for a one year rental. And the Rays aren't going to have an interest in someone like Brian Matusz. We all have our opinions of him (I think he has little or no value), but opinions aside, he just doesn't fit the bill of what I think they're trying to do.

For the Orioles to land Zobrist, I think a third team would need to get involved. One that covets a starting pitcher or middle reliever.

2) All of those guys played at least ten seasons in the majors. So not horrible.

3) Both Fox and Brinkman had at least 247 PA in their age 21 seasons, so I'm not sure their age 22 seasons matchup that well with Schoop's.[/quote/]. I am old enough to recall Brinkman who I seem to recall as a skinnier weaker looking and definitely weaker hitting Senator version of Mark Belanger only at second base. In other word the only reason he started was he was on a bad team and had an outstanding glove. I think there were pitchers in that era who had more power and hit more homers than Brinkman ever hit. So comparing his non existent offense to Schoop is funny to me as in LOL funny!

3) Both Fox and Brinkman had at least 247 PA in their age 21 seasons, so I'm not sure their age 22 seasons matchup that well with Schoop's.

Brinkman played most of his games at SS. I remember seeing Senators teams where he was the best player on the field. :eektf:

3) Both Fox and Brinkman had at least 247 PA in their age 21 seasons, so I'm not sure their age 22 seasons matchup that well with Schoop's.[/quote/]. I am old enough to recall Brinkman who I seem to recall as a skinnier weaker looking and definitely weaker hitting Senator version of Mark Belanger only at second base. In other word the only reason he started was he was on a bad team and had an outstanding glove. I think there were pitchers in that era who had more power and hit more homers than Brinkman ever hit. So comparing his non existent offense to Schoop is funny to me as in LOL funny!

Brinkman lists on BB Refernce as 6' 170lb, so your memory does not seem so far off.

Zobrist would be a great fit for us. Much better than anyone else left on the market. But I don't see the Orioles matching up well with the Rays. And I don't see them trading him within the division.

I don't think the Orioles will trade Schoop. And honestly I don't think they should for a one year rental. And the Rays aren't going to have an interest in someone like Brian Matusz. We all have our opinions of him (I think he has little or no value), but opinions aside, he just doesn't fit the bill of what I think they're trying to do.

For the Orioles to land Zobrist, I think a third team would need to get involved. One that covets a starting pitcher or middle reliever.

He would be a GREAT fit! Difference maker maybe. But a luxury.

I don't see us matching up at all either. And nothing to do with in-division trading. Just no fit.

You don't trade 5(?) years of Schoop control for one year of Zobrist. We're not one and done at this point.

This is meant bad, but if the devil offered me Fox's career (49 rWAR) for Schoop, I'd take it with a grin.

When 22 year olds can SURVIVE in the show without getting busted back to the minors, it's a great sign.

Even Bip posted 15 wins during his years of club control, I wouldn't argue with that.

Archived