Rays may look to trade Zobrist

Saintbird

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Zobrist is perfect for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Yankees?src=hash">#Yankees</a>, but in past NYY has sensed TB not anxious to deal with them in div. Also, in this case NYY may not (cont)</p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

">December 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

traditional stats might look nice. But he was barely a replacement level player and had the 3rd lowest wRC+ of qualified 1Bs, only ahead of such studs as Ryan Howard and Allen Craig.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=1b&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2014&month=0&season1=2014&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=17,d

We better hope he has a much better year than last year, since that kinda production isn't going to get it done.

26 HRs. 72 RBIs. That's production, not a stats fluke.

I'm not a Pearce believer. I think that'd be a mistake.

I'm with you. I like Pearce and thought last year was a great story, but to lean on him as a key piece of this team is probably a mistake. If he repeats, then you can probably figure you have something in 2016. But let's wait and see what's in store for him over the next 162 games.

I'm with you. I like Pearce and thought last year was a great story, but to lean on him as a key piece of this team is probably a mistake. If he repeats, then you can probably figure you have something in 2016. But let's wait and see what's in store for him over the next 162 games.

Exactly. Davis has one bad year and people are ready to give up on him. Pearce has one good year and people are ready to anoint him a full time player. Not so fast, imo.

Archived