Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?

Frobby

Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?

• I hate them MORE than NY and Boston!
    • Yes, and I doubt that will change
    • Yes, for right now, not forever
    • No, NY and Boston are still worse

This poll is closed to new votes

1989 final weekend, Cito not putting Mussina in the 93 ASG (I was there, 11 years old and heartbroken) and...this.

Rot in hell, Toronto. I hate you, your clean cut Canadian ways, your dumbass retractable dome stadium that went out of style after Camden Yards came along and showed everyone what a real baseball stadium was supposed to look like, your stupid jerseys and changes over the years, Joe Carter jumping around, John Olerud wearing his batting helmet in the field, Paul Molitor, Cito Gaston, I could go on. #@$% them, right in the neck. I hope they have, like, 10 Vernon Wells contracts that they can't get out of and sink into the abyss.

Olerud wore his helmet on the field after suffering a brain aneurysm in college. To surgically remove the aneurysm, doctors had to drill through his skull at the left temple.

....Jan. 11, 1989, Olerud suddenly dropped unconscious during a workout at WSU. His father, John, who is a physician and a former All-American catcher for the Cougars, helped with the diagnosis. An aneurysm at the base of the brain was removed Feb. 27, 1989. Doctors drilled through a bone plate at the left temple.

Source

In this day and age with untold TBI to our servicemen and women, to former NFLers (and non-professional football players) -- I've got no issues with Olie and his on-field helmet.

The rest of your list.......well yeah. :thumbsup1:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Olerud wore his helmet on the field after suffering a brain aneurysm in college. To surgically remove the aneurysm, doctors had to drill through his skull at the left temple.

Source

In this day and age with untold TBI to our servicemen and women, to former NFLers (and non-professional football players) -- I've got no issues with Olie and his on-field helmet.

The rest of your list.......well yeah. :thumbsup1:

There's a great story about Rickey Henderson. When the two played together in Toronto, Henderson went up to Olerud and asked him what's up with the helmet. Olerud explained. Henderson responded by saying, "that's crazy. I played with a dude in NY who had the exact same thing."

Olerud and Henderson were teammates with the Mets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a great story about Rickey Henderson. When the two played together in Toronto, Henderson went up to Olerud and asked him what's up with the helmet. Olerud explained. Henderson responded by saying, "that's crazy. I played with a dude in NY who had the exact same thing."

Olerud and Henderson were teammates with the Mets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickey don't like it when Rickey can't find Rickey's limo.

I've disliked Toronto for a while now, because of suspicions that they've cheated and certain players who seem a bit chippy. But I never really despised them -- until now. I think if you asked me who I'd like to finish last in the AL East this year, I'd choose the Blue Jays right now. I really hope we kick their butts this year. How about you?

No I don't hate them or anyone else.

Let's see they have Cito Gaston as an executive. They steal signs. They are trying to steal our GM. Nope don't hate them as much as the Yankees. If you are the team with the longest drought of being in the playoffs in all of sports you are more pathetic than anything else. Hard to hate someone that is so clearly pathetic. Plus their fans don't come to our stadium in big numbers.

No, MFY are the still the kings of evil.

But I do have less respect for the Blue Jays, the city of Toronto, and the entire English Commonwealth.

I would suggest a Maple Syrup Party whereby we all dump maple syrup into Lake Ontario, but its too damn expensive and too cold.

I can't say I hate them more, but each of those 3 certainly give me compelling and unique ways why I hate them differently from each other.

With dem Os becoming winners again, I'm guessing those teams are ratcheting up the dislike our way too.

Hating the Yankees is part of an oath an Orioles fan signs from day #1. I didn't really started hating on Boston until how obnoxious their fans have been since '04. Toronto has moved way up my list but it's still way behind those two. (Duke basketball will be forever #1)

Uhh well I guess it's not a stretch to find this on an Orioles fan forum, but this is EXACTLY how I feel. Word for word.

I had to vote that I still hate NY & Boston more... but Toronto is much closer than they used to be. If this were a marathon in the How-Much-Do-I-Hate-You Olympics, Toronto would have been a mile and a half behind NY & Boston at the halfway point, but just a hundred feet back and closing now that we're on the final approach to the finish line.

Let's see they have Cito Gaston as an executive. They steal signs. They are trying to steal our GM. Nope don't hate them as much as the Yankees. If you are the team with the longest drought of being in the playoffs in all of sports you are more pathetic than anything else. Hard to hate someone that is so clearly pathetic. Plus their fans don't come to our stadium in big numbers.

They are pathetic. I think some of their fans would prefer to be ours though.

Archived