Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

Nolan Reimold is not the answer for this team. We just got rid of an OF'er, why call up another one? He's hot for the moment in AAA, but he's also out of options. We're stuck with him as soon as we call him up. Now I suspect they'll wait and see, until they get closer to his opt out date, if he's still hitting as well as he's been as of late and then you might see Reimold.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nolan Reimold is not the answer for this team. We just got rid of an OF'er, why call up another one? He's hot for the moment in AAA, but he's also out of options. We're stuck with him as soon as we call him up. Now I suspect they'll wait and see, until they get closer to his opt out date, if he's still hitting as well as he's been as of late and then you might see Reimold.

I think this is it.

I think this is it.

I don't see how he makes it to the big league club without an injury. The five OFer we currently have on our roster aren't going anywhere. One of them or Paredes would need to get hurt.

Nolan has played LF in 35 games this season. If he can't lift his head, I doubt that would have happened. If he can't look up, he wouldn't be an option as either a DH or OF. Has anyone seen him have trouble lifting his neck this year or is that being thrown out there based on how he looked when he came back in 2013? I have trouble believing that is a real issue at this point given that he has played the field and has hit decently.

Also just to clarify, his opt out is not really an opt out. The other 29 teams get a chance to express interest in Reimold on July 11th. If a team is interested in adding him to their 25 man roster, the O's have to assign him to that team in what would likely be a cash deal. Nolan has little say about any of this himself. If he is playing very well, the O's will likely have to add him or lose him. If he is playing poor, there is little risk that another team will take him. I don't think I've seen it stated explicitly but my assumption is the O's can add him to the 25 man after gauging interest from the other teams, so they will have s good deal of knowledge to go off of when making their decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank You Stomper. It is just ridiculous to say that Nolan can't even look up. The man would not be playing baseball in any capacity if this were the case. Thanks for looking up the fact that he has played 35 games in LF at Norfolk. I guess he can look up at Norfolk, but not in Baltimore? Lol, I just love the slant that some people like to put on this stuff.

Thank You Stomper. It is just ridiculous to say that Nolan can't even look up. The man would not be playing baseball in any capacity if this were the case. Thanks for looking up the fact that he has played 35 games in LF at Norfolk. I guess he can look up at Norfolk, but not in Baltimore? Lol, I just love the slant that some people like to put on this stuff.

Like I said earlier, his defense numbers in the outfield, for major league teams, last year were not bad.

I don't see how he makes it to the big league club without an injury. The five OFer we currently have on our roster aren't going anywhere. One of them or Paredes would need to get hurt.

I agree. The only thing that I could possibly see is DFA'ing Everth to make space.

Since Pearce and play second now and Flaherty can cover SS. I doubt they would go to that configuration for very long, but it's possible if they try to buy time when Nolan's quasi opt out comes into play.

Nope, not really.

SLG of 3.96 and OPS of .747

Nolan's OPS currently ranks #37 overall in the entire International League, and he plays half his games in a pitcher's park. Parmalee at .833 ranks 9th. So they're both doing well.

Nolan's OPS currently ranks #37 overall in the entire International League, and he plays half his games in a pitcher's park. Parmalee at .833 ranks 9th. So they're both doing well.

If you say so, I still wouldnt expect miracles if he was activated.

Parmalee is hitting better, which is what I've been saying.

If they make a move, I suspect Parmalee get's the first call.

Good post

<iframe src="http://www.milb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=132848083&width=400&height=224&property=milb" width="400" height="224" frameborder="0">Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Yeah, but he's no Delmon Young.

Wait a minute....

<iframe src='http://www.milb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=132848083&width=400&height=224&property=milb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

And he didn't shatter into thousands of pieces?

Archived