Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised that they optioned Cabral with Matusz being out. They eventually need to trim an outfielder now. I guess this buys they some time to figure out what to do.

I thought Nolan looked pretty good in the field. He sure looked good running to 1st base :)

Really? I don't see that. At all. Where did his velocity go?

His upper 90's velocity wasn't there for the second half of spring training either. If they thought it was anything more than a "dead arm period", then I would have thought they would have DL'd him to start the season. I guess it has a lot to do with when the player actually admits to it too.

It was interesting to see that when Lough came in to play LF, Buck moved Reimold to RF. I guess Buck prefers his defense to Snider or Young.

I wonder if when Schoop is ready to come back, Snider or Young is traded away and Reimold is now one of our starting OFers.

Since he's up and we can't option him' date=' I say run him out to LF just about every day to see what he will do. Let Snider/Pearce/Young/Paredes share up RF and DH (with Wieters)[/quote']

I hope Buck does that, and I hope that one of his motivations is to see whether Nelson can get on base enough to lead off. The Orioles haven't had a lead off hitter with patience at the plate and good speed on the bases for a while. When we got Lough I thought he could lead off, but then I saw him play.

I hope Buck does that, and I hope that one of his motivations is to see whether Nelson can get on base enough to lead off. The Orioles haven't had a lead off hitter with patience at the plate and good speed on the bases for a while. When we got Lough I thought he could lead off, but then I saw him play.

Nelson? Is he still on your mind? I still don't know if would have Cruz lead off though.

I haven't seen Reimold's salary but I am guessing that it is the same as last year - 1.025m. His call up guarantees the prorated portion of this salary at 668K. Even if he is DFA'd at some point he will get the 668K.

Reimold began the year with 5.004 years of service time. He can add up to 120 days this year if he stays the whole year. He will not be a free agent at the end of the year because he will not reach 6 years of service.

o

APRIL 5th

o

Chin up, Nolan. You'll get your chance.

The Orioles have faith in you. They gave you minor league contract, a spring training invite, and you were in the lineup with the regulars a lot of the time.

Patience is a virtue. :cool:

MORE THAN 2 MONTHS LATER:

Lo and behold .......

Nolan kept his chin up.

Nolan was patient.

Nolan got his chance in the majors with the Orioles.

Archived