Selection Sunday

LayzieDES

The selection committee bought into the idea that the Big 12 is a great conference. They gave the Big 12 a number two seed and three number 3's. The selection committee's high opinion of the Big 12 is the reason that the Terps got a number 4 seed.

I'd say the selection committee looks pretty stupid today.

I think there is a good chance that Oklahoma loses to Albany and the Big 12's 3 seeds get swept. As a Maryland fan, that would be so great.

The selection committee has to be praying that Maryland loses tomorrow. If Maryland wins and then follows it up a small run in the tourney, the selection committee will look even stupider than they already do. I've been calling for every member to resign.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kentucky looks unbeatable despite the fact that the Harrison twins can't shoot at all. Why are they supposed to be so good? They both shot below 40% this year. I'm not impressed at all. Ulis and Booker are both better players IMO. The bigs are scary good though.

The Harrison twins aren't special at all. Neither is expected to be drafted, so I think they'll end up returning to Kentucky once again.

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2014/12/31/espn-analyst-has-several-uk-players-in-nba-draft-update-but-the-harrison-twins-are-not-in-top-60/

http://kentuckysports.co/harrison-twins-nba-draft-stock-plummeting-louisville-game/

"Of course the question came from Louisville. After the horrific outing they had in front of scouts against Louisville, it’s going to be tough. You never base things off one game, and scouts aren’t, but that game exposed so many of their flaws. Aaron is a shooter who can’t hit shots. Andrew is a point guard who struggles to protect the ball and make good plays. I think UK would be much stronger with Tyler Ulis and Devin Booker starting. I don’t think that will happen. I think John Calipari can get away with playing the twins equal minutes because of weak competition in the SEC. That will keep the twins from becoming discontent. But as far as NBA guys go — virtually all of them believe that Booker and Ulis are better NBA talents. Right now I don’t have either Harrison in my Top 60 which means they’d go undrafted if the draft were held today."

I don't think Villanova is a 1 seed caliber team. Not that they don't deserve it based on their resume, but I think they'll go down early. I might have NC State beating them on my bracket.

NC State just saved my bracket at work. Them knocking off Nova was my last chance and they saved me. Now they need to lose to Northern Iowa. :D

Only chance to beat Kentucky if we make the sweet 16 is to shoot lights out and play great defense. Wells and Trimble aren't going to be able to get their shots off in the paint and good luck d'ing up their four seven foot lottery picks with Layman and Smo.

Maryland had a 3-1 record against Final Four teams this year. 2-1 against MSU and 1-0 against Wisconsin.

Came on to post this. Should've been 4-0 if the refs didn't hand the third game to MSU.

Izzo is simply amazing. That team looked like garbage when we played them.

The fact that there are 2 Big Ten teams in the Final Four makes it even more ridiculous that Maryland got a 4 seed. Oh, and 0 Big 12 teams even made it to the Elite 8. That conference got flat out embarrassed.

Maryland lost to a lower seeded team so I don't think they proved the committee wrong.

Maryland lost to a 5 seed. Iowa State and Baylor lost to 14 seeds. Oklahoma and Kansas lost to 7 seeds.

Sorry I don't think you get to complain about getting a four seed if you can't make it out of the second round.

A "three" seed should be able to beat a five right?

Sorry I don't think you get to complain about getting a four seed if you can't make it out of the second round.

A "three" seed should be able to beat a five right?

Seeding is more about earned opportunity than the actual in tourney performance, really should separate the two. IMO, I don't think there is any question MD got burned with a 4 seed, tourney results aside.

One a side note, I have 3 out of 4 final four teams in my money bracket and I had the Gonzaga/Duke game lined up today too, just got the result wrong. Now I have to cheer for Kentucky to win it all and since they trounced WVU I have good with that! :D

Archived