Go Duke!-beat Carolina

weemnj

It wasn't a dirty play, thats pretty much all there is about it. It was a violent play because of what resulted from it, but he wasn't trying to hit him in the face, it just happened.

Oh, I didn't know you were Gerald Henderson. Excuse me.

Don't simply dismiss that it absolutely wasn't a dirty play. I fully admit that it's possible it wasn't dirty but to throw an elbow like that with the game over doesn't pass the smell test with me.

If he knew that was Hansbrough next to him then it can be argued that he swung his elbow into him.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wasn't a dirty play, thats pretty much all there is about it. It was a violent play because of what resulted from it, but he wasn't trying to hit him in the face, it just happened.

I don't think he cared where he hit him. But he meant to hit him and thus the peanalty is probably correct.

My view, if Duke wants to quit then stop the game, if not any NC player can be in the game (Hansbourgh).

Agree 100% with that. The "Hansbrough shouldn't have been in the game" argument is patently absurd.

Theres absolutely no way he should have been suspended. And the only ugly thing about the situation was how Hansbrough responded, although after just getting drilled in the face its hard to criticize him for that. Carolina people did a good job of getting control of him and taking him to the locker room. After that, there wasn't any sort of chaos going on at all. All they needed to do was wipe up the blood and start the game. The ejection / suspension was a complete joke.

I think the ejection is a result of Tyler's reaction/crowd reaction the refs had to do what they did to get the control of the game.

I don't think he cared where he hit him. But he meant to hit him and thus the peanalty is probaby correct.

I don't think he meant to hit him. And with 12 seconds left in the game, the refs easily could have not ejected him and let the league take a longer look and decide if a suspension was justified. Them taking it into their own hands is an abuse of power in that situation, IMO. Especially considering the next game is gonna be in the ACC tournament.

Now if Duke looses to NC St should they make the NCAA's or go to the NIT? Any other school but Duke would not make the NCAA's.

By the way, I fully expect Duke to beat NC St and maybe even make the championship game. They seem to really get up for the ACC Tournement

Now if Duke looses to NC St should they make the NCAA's or go to the NIT? Any other school but Duke would not make the NCAA's.

By the way, I fully expect Duke to beat NC St and maybe even make the championship game. They seem to really get up for the ACC Tournement

Duke could lose by 30 and make the tournament.

I think the ejection is a result of Tyler's reaction/crowd reaction the refs had to do what they did to get the control of the game.

Thats insane. They suspended a guy from an ACC tournament game because the crowd was loud? The action on the court was completely calm about 30 seconds after the incident, well before they went to look at the video and made a decision on Henderson. The only initial problem was Hansbrough was justifiably upset after getting his face busted up. Once that was taken care of, and it was handled very quickly by UNC players/staff, there was no situation that needed handling. Roy and K were talking in the middle of the court, the players were all at their respective benches. The ejection did absolutely nothing to calm down any sort of situation.

Your team is impressive, I have respect for that. Sorry if I do not remember Charlie Scott. I really started to watch Duke in 87-88 when I was 9-10.

Actually, the game I was referring to was Walter Davis. Charlie Scott was a different game, my mistake. Charlie Scott scored 28 points on dook in the second half alone (40 total) in the 1969 ACC Tournament final.

In the game I was thinking of, Carolina was down to dook 86-78 with 17 seconds left (and no 3-point line in those days). Bobby Jones got fouled and hit both ends of a 1-and-1, dook threw away the inbounds pass and John Keuster scored a layup, dook threw away another inbounds pass and Jones followed up a missed shot to cut it to 2 with 6 seconds left. With 4 seconds left, dook missed the front end of a 1-and-1, and Carolina called timeout with 3 seconds left. And then Walter Davis hit a 28-foot prayer to tie it and send it to OT, where Carolina won 96-92. So it was 8 points in 17 seconds.

In Carolina-dook, no game is ever over until the buzzer sounds, and even then, it's only to signal the next OT.

Any other team with Duke's exact resume would be a lock for the NCAAs right now, as Duke is and should be.

Actually, the game I was referring to was Walter Davis. Charlie Scott was a different game, my mistake. Charlie Scott scored 28 points on dook in the second half alone (40 total) in the 1969 ACC Tournament final.

In the game I was thinking of, Carolina was down to dook 86-78 with 17 seconds left (and no 3-point line in those days). Bobby Jones got fouled and hit both ends of a 1-and-1, dook threw away the inbounds pass and John Keuster scored a layup, dook threw away another inbounds pass and Jones followed up a missed shot to cut it to 2 with 6 seconds left. With 4 seconds left, dook missed the front end of a 1-and-1, and Carolina called timeout with 3 seconds left. And then Walter Davis hit a 28-foot prayer to tie it and send it to OT, where Carolina won 96-92. So it was 8 points in 17 seconds.

In Carolina-dook, no game is ever over until the buzzer sounds, and even then, it's only to signal the next OT.

I just want to say I let my emotions get to me after this game. So with that, I want to say I'm sorry to beaner and yourself.

I don't think he meant to hit him. And with 12 seconds left in the game, the refs easily could have not ejected him and let the league take a longer look and decide if a suspension was justified. Them taking it into their own hands is an abuse of power in that situation, IMO. Especially considering the next game is gonna be in the ACC tournament.

I have watched this a couple of times now and He was PO'd and in a move showing frustration came down on TH. He meant to do that, sure if there is no injury and therefore no big reaction from TH he does not get suspended. But someone was hurt and it was caused by someone losing his cool. Henderson is going to pay a price for losing his cool. It does not make him a bad guy it just works that way. Coaches always tell you not to lose your cool and this is why. The point is he did not appear to bust TH in the face intentionally but he meant to hit him and hit him hard. BTW I think TH's availablility this week is probably in doubt (if I am Roy I might hold him out either way) Henderson is paying for that also.

Any other team with Duke's exact resume would be a lock for the NCAAs right now, as Duke is and should be.

Even I agree with this. They're a lock already.

The guys in my office are going to be really bummed to see dook make the tournament. The week dook was out of the polls, I had offered to buy everyone Burger King followed by beers if dook missed the tournament this year.

Fair enough. My apologies too if I went off on you. I just had to stand up for my guys.

I understand. No, hard feeling on my part. Just question sanity for cheering for the team that you do:). The same I am sure for your feeling for SG and myself.

Archived