Updates on Potential First Round Draft Picks

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/AreaID-7bcaf5fa-f8bd-4fe8-a970-f05012cd05b2/SchoolID-d74071bd-dfc9-418d-8fb5-a24bffcaa5fa/Boys_Varsity_Baseball_Spring_07-08/Florida

This should be good for your game stats. You have to piece together showcases from various sources.

Hope this helps.

February 25:

Tim Beckham and the Griffin High Bears will open their season this week with two games. The Bears are on the road this Wednesday against Stockbridge (Georgia) and at home on Friday against Whitewater (Fayetteville, Georgia). Recaps to come in the next update.

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/AreaID-a6673070-5906-41b6-b4a7-86ff35c1bdf1/SchoolID-3a957a39-cabe-4a81-9562-c72d988313e5/Boys_Varsity_Baseball_Spring_07-08/Georgia

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
February 25, 2008

Eric Hosmer -- First three games:

Eric Hosmer rang in the 2008 season with a 2-4 performance, including his first homerun, as American Heritage topped Pine Crest (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) 16-6. Hosmer knocked in 2, scored 2, and attempted, and stole, one base.

The second game of the season, against Chaminade-Madonna, saw Hosmer continue his raking, going 2-2 with a solo homerun -- his second in as many games. He drove in 2 (including a sac fly), scored 2 and allowed one run in 1 IP as the Patriots improved to 2-0 with a 10-6 victory.

The Patriots locked up with Douglas (Parkland, FL) in their third game, improving to 3-0 with an 8-2 victory. Hosmer had his consecutive games with a homerun streak snapped at 2, going 1-1 with 3 BB, a run scored and another stolen base in his only attempt.

Eric will look to build on his impressive line (.714-2-4) tomorrow, as American Heritage hosts Coral Springs Charter (Coral Springs, FL).

Great info sir. Thanks.

February 25:

Tim Beckham and the Griffin High Bears will open their season this week with two games. The Bears are on the road this Wednesday against Stockbridge (Georgia) and at home on Friday against Whitewater (Fayetteville, Georgia). Recaps to come in the next update.

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/AreaID-a6673070-5906-41b6-b4a7-86ff35c1bdf1/SchoolID-3a957a39-cabe-4a81-9562-c72d988313e5/Boys_Varsity_Baseball_Spring_07-08/Georgia

Thanks alot for the links. I couldn't find them anywhere.

Any chance Alvarez decides not to enter the draft in order to reestablish himself next year? Not sure it would make sense financially, but then again, would these 6 weeks make enough of a difference to change Alvarez's plans?

No. He can wait and see where he goes and demand whatever money he wants. The injury likely won't change his demands.

Wow, this is pretty big news. I think that he will still enter the draft because he will still get drafted in the top 5. I also don't think it will cost him any money. People and Scouts already know what they are getting. It could however change where he falls in the top 5. I think there is a much better chance he slips now. I don't think we would pass on him. Should be interesting.

No. He can wait and see where he goes and demand whatever money he wants. The injury likely won't change his demands.

Well on the flip side, after missing 6 weeks, what if his power is zapped and he struggles to hit for average after the 6 weeks off? Does his draft stock fall? Does he enter next year in order to reestablish himself? If the difference of a million or two between being a high 1st rounder and a mid/low first rounder (pending a team drafts him and doesn't give in to his demands) is enough to sway him, then maybe it could happen, and we'll see him next year. Not likely to happen, but its always something to think about.

Wow, this is pretty big news. I think that he will still enter the draft because he will still get drafted in the top 5. I also don't think it will cost him any money. People and Scouts already know what they are getting. It could however change where he falls in the top 5. I think there is a much better chance he slips now. I don't think we would pass on him. Should be interesting.

Agreed, it would be nice for him to fall to us, and this may increase that chance.

Well on the flip side, after missing 6 weeks, what if his power is zapped and he struggles to hit for average after the 6 weeks off? Does his draft stock fall? Does he enter next year in order to reestablish himself? If the difference of a million or two between being a high 1st rounder and a mid/low first rounder (pending a team drafts him and doesn't give in to his demands) is enough to sway him, then maybe it could happen, and we'll see him next year. Not likely to happen, but its always something to think about.

Could be. I think you'll find a team willing to meet his demands, but, sure, teams could shy away if it lingers.

Nice site, looking forward to following your evals.

I just wanted to let everyone know that my new draft-site is up and running... MLB-Draft.com. I hope you enjoy... you should recognize much of what I've done, as I share from that site to this one.

Again, thanks all.

Archived