2015 Toronto Blue Jays

OFFNY

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not a MLB guru or a GM but isn't Parra just another AAAA player on our team. We have / had to many of them.

I don't think so. The guy has been around for awhile. He was having an outstanding year with the Brewers before the trade. Our hope was that he would stay hot. Tough to do since he is facing a lot of teams and pitchers he hasn't seen before. I like his approach. He's shown more patience this year then he has I the past. I look for him to remain solid (110 ops+)for the rest of the year.

He has a cumulative 12.5 WAR in 6 seasons with a 6.1 WAR season. He doesn't have to be what he is showing this year to be better than AAAA. His career averages are a slightly above average MLB player. He was AAAA equivalent in 2014 but that in 2011-2013 he clearly wasn't. This year he is performing above his likely level, I agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is only his second season with an OPS+ of 100 or more.

Yes his WAR is padded by some nice numbers on defense, numbers that are not consistent.

This is only his second season with an OPS+ of 100 or more.

Yes his WAR is padded by some nice numbers on defense, numbers that are not consistent.

It's somewhat amazing that he has a good claim to be the fifth best outfielder on the FA market after Heyward, Gordon, Cespedes and Upton.

Can Chris Davis claim to be an outfielder?

I think so. I mean Davis will probably never be an all-star out there. He is neither a natural or fluid. But he is NOT the worst RF'er in MLB this year - imho!

But I have complete faith in Davis AND Pearce as RF'ers

o

(vs. YANKEES, 8/08)

Justin Smoak's grand-slam home run today was the first time in Blue Jays franchise history (1977-Present) that they have hit a grand slam at Yankee Stadium.

I remember in their inaugural season of 1977 when they beat the Yankees by a score of 19-3, and Roy Howell hit 2 HR's 2 doubles, 1 single, and had 9 RBI's ....... but he didn't hit a grand slam.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYA/NYA197709100.shtml

Who would have thought that they would have to wait almost 4 more decades to hit one there ???

I like Blue Jays. They're corvids, relatives of Crows, Ravens, and Magpies, and as such are among the smartest birds in the world. Their level of communication helps regulate other species of bird at the bird feeder. Since they're not the fastest birds in the world, they have to outsmart their predators.

I liked Toronto when I visited there after seeing Niagara Falls. I thought it was a very nice city.

So strange to me that there's this team from Toronto, called the Blue Jays, that is so unappealing. But it could just be bravado from finally looking like they could make the playoffs, after so many disappointing seasons. We know that feeling. But I didn't feel that way when the Rays won the division so, it could just be because they're a bunch of jerks.

I like Blue Jays. They're corvids, relatives of Crows, Ravens, and Magpies, and as such are among the smartest birds in the world. Their level of communication helps regulate other species of bird at the bird feeder. Since they're not the fastest birds in the world, they have to outsmart their predators.

I liked Toronto when I visited there after seeing Niagara Falls. I thought it was a very nice city.

So strange to me that there's this team from Toronto, called the Blue Jays, that is so unappealing. But it could just be bravado from finally looking like they could make the playoffs, after so many disappointing seasons. We know that feeling. But I didn't feel that way when the Rays won the division so, it could just be because they're a bunch of jerks.

They are not really Canadians. They aren't.

Archived