2015 Toronto Blue Jays

OFFNY

The Blue Jays are going to come crashing back down to Earth soon. Their offense is very good but not this insanely good. And in their recent run their pitching has a .220 BABIP and a very low HR/FB%.

I don't know...I'm starting to think they will win the division and we will catch the Yankees.

But then I remember that they are the Blue Jays, a team that has had talent for most of the last 20 years but has always managed to figure out a way to avoid making the playoffs.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Blue Jays are going to come crashing back down to Earth soon. Their offense is very good but not this insanely good. And in their recent run their pitching has a .220 BABIP and a very low HR/FB%.

You could also make the case they've been insanely unlucky this year and luck is finally starting to turn their way. The Blue Jays have by far the best run differential in the American League yet their record is only 60-52 because their record in one-run games is only 12-23. If their record in close games starts to head upward, they're going to run away with the division.

o

(AUGUST 13th)

OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Billy Burns - CF

Mark Canha - 1B

Brett Lawrie - 2B

Danny Valencia - 3B

Josh Phegley - C

Billy Butler - DH

Josh Reddick - RF

Coco Crisp - LF

Marcus Semien - SS

Jesse David Chavez - RHP (6-11, 3.73 ERA)

TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Ben Revere - LF

Josh Donaldson - 3B

Jose Bautista - RF

Chris Colabello - DH

Dioner Navarro - C

Justin Smoak - 1B

Kevin Pillar - CF

Ryan Goins - SS

Cliff Pennington - 2B

Mark Alan Buehrle - LHP (12-5, 3.34 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It might be the Blue Jays year. Dioner Navarro of all people just hit a one out home run in the bottom of the ninth against Miller to tie it. This game and the previous one in the series have been an endless sequence of fortunate events for the Jays. As John Sterling said: kismet.

I will be sick if they win it all. Some unlikeable players and the whole DD fiasco.

KC has some issues, Holland is gone from the closers role and their starting pitching isn't much. I think Toronto is the team to beat but their relief pitching could still haunt them. Price has been inconsistent in the playoffs as well.

Yeah, I don't think the Blue Jays match up well in the playoffs. You need three on fire starters and a shutdown bullpen. I am not sure that is the Blue Jays.

On cue, Mark Lowe coughs up a 3 run dinger to Greg Bird.

He had bad luck before that but you aren't kidding. I wouldn't care if Texas or Houston made it to the WS but hope it isn't Toronto, New York and KC in that order.

The AL is down this year again to me. Man I wish we would have beat KC, they played well and no luck. No Manny and Davis didn't help.

Yeah, I don't think the Blue Jays match up well in the playoffs. You need three on fire starters and a shutdown bullpen. I am not sure that is the Blue Jays.

The other teams aren't complete either. KC has starting pitcher issues, NYY has some guys slowing down. If Hamels pitches well Texas is the dark horse. I just looked and Texas has been outscored this year! Houston has holes. Should be interesting and in the NL the pitching matchups will be incredible.

Archived