2015 Toronto Blue Jays

OFFNY

Why they didn't sell has to be one of four things:

1. DD won't be here long

2. Angelos pressured one way or the other

3. DD can't accurately project his team

4. Buck leaving the fielder sooner than later and wants to win now

I highly doubt it is 3.

They will regret this for years to come IMO. We should have sold. Or at the very least trade for a piece that will be here next year.

I think they are taking Buck for granted. If Buck isn't the manager of this team, we might be fighting it out with the Red Sox for last place.

How about:

5) This team is 1 game out of a playoff spot in August.

The goal EVERY season is to make the playoffs. If at the end of July you are 12 out of first and 9 out of a WC spot I guess its ok to sell and start planning for next season. But of you are 5 or 6 out of first and 1 GAME out of a WC spot you do your best to make the playoffs and try not to completely mortgage the future.

We might make the post season, or we might fall short.....but I sure as hell don't want to give up when we are 1 GAME out of a playoff spot!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still a little confused about the lack of selling. If we're not really going all in, then why hold onto guys who won't be here next year anyway? Is there some kind of draft pick reason we kept Davis, Wieters, Chen and DoD?

MSK

Ask Adam Jones why the team doesn't just quit being 1 game out of a playoff spot. I mean really, why even try.

Anyone still confident this is a playoff team? Chen now has an ERA over 6 in his last 4 starts including this one. Ubaldo bad. Gonzo bad.

I thought Monday's game was going to be the start of a nice road trip. It's obvious this team doesn't have "it". Whatever "it" is.

I have been vocal for a month now that we should have been sellers... however the market apparently wasn't so hot for sellers as we probably all thought it would be. I guess demand wasn't very high? Look at the Padres.. they wanted to sell but I think looked at the offers and chose not to.

I wanted us to sell, but if (and it looks this way) we couldn't get much for them, the QO and roll the dice this year might have been the saner play. I don't think we make the playoffs this year and wanted to sell, but if we were going to get much in return then...

You're saying there's a chance?!

The Blue Jays look scary right now but they will eventually cool off. They can't keep up this torrid run scoring pace forever and once they stop scoring this much (they'll still score a lot) they're gonna struggle mightily to win games. IIRC they've won 8 games all season when scoring less than 5 runs. And another interesting tidbit is that their offense is exactly league average (100 wRC+) on the road this season). But they're incredible at home. White t-shirt guy anyone?

The Jays have gone on runs like these the previous 2 seasons as well but they never lasted because their pitching was so bad that once their hiring inevitably dried up even just a little bit, they couldn't win games. Yeah they have Price now which will help. But that may be good for only 1 or 2 more wins over Daniel Norris the rest of the way. Same with Reyes and Tulo (probably even a smaller margin).

I could see them winning a wildcard or not making it at all but until they prove that they can win games when everything isn't going right for them, the Orioles need to be focused on catching NY in my opinion. They're vulnerable too. They've been extremely fortunate in regards to their offense next year but they could very easily dry up fast, and their pitching also is pretty bad.

The Blue Jays look scary right now but they will eventually cool off. They can't keep up this torrid run scoring pace forever and once they stop scoring this much (they'll still score a lot) they're gonna struggle mightily to win games. IIRC they've won 8 games all season when scoring less than 5 runs. And another interesting tidbit is that their offense is exactly league average (100 wRC+) on the road this season). But they're incredible at home. White t-shirt guy anyone?

The Jays have gone on runs like these the previous 2 seasons as well but they never lasted because their pitching was so bad that once their hiring inevitably dried up even just a little bit, they couldn't win games. Yeah they have Price now which will help. But that may be good for only 1 or 2 more wins over Daniel Norris the rest of the way. Same with Reyes and Tulo (probably even a smaller margin).

I could see them winning a wildcard or not making it at all but until they prove that they can win games when everything isn't going right for them, the Orioles need to be focused on catching NY in my opinion. They're vulnerable too. They've been extremely fortunate in regards to their offense next year but they could very easily dry up fast, and their pitching also is pretty bad.

Best run differential in baseball. That Toronto team isn't going anywhere.

That being said, quit worrying about the competition. The O's have to get to 90 wins to stand a chance. Just keep winning each series.

Best run differential in baseball. That Toronto team isn't going anywhere.

That being said,quit worrying about the competition. The O's have to get to 90 wins to stand a chance. Just keep winning each series.

Best advice possible.

If they make it to the playoffs, I don't see them as a WS threat. And Price can't pitch every game and their BP is mediocre. And their offense isn't going to get to feast on as much soft pitching come playoff time.

Yup. Offense gets muted in the playoffs and I don't for one second believe Toronto is capable of winning 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 or even 5-4 type games.

Playoff teams won't have mediocre pitching and will play matchups all game long.

Archived