vs. YANKEES , 4/13

OFFNY

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like to view it as the O's are very good at choosing what to get reviewed.

It sounds like there is clear evidence.

And we have a different guy doing that this year, right?

A little noted personnel move that might win us a few games over the course of the season.

But we have done pretty well on plays like that where the opponent asked for a review, too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Weston had his third straight solid outing for Bowie, allowing one run in 3.1 innings.  He’s carrying a 1.74 ERA at Bowie since his promotion.  
    • Bradfield has shown some signs of heating up since returning from the IL.  Tonight, he singled and tripled in 5 PA to raise his BA to .247 and his OPS to .715.   Not where you’d want them but moving north a bit in May.  He also stole a base, but then got picked off 2B. 
    • I think a combination of announcers overusing the narrative, and the playoff sweep leaving a sour taste. I still like the streak though. 
    • In theory the team could go 4 series in a row where they win one out of three games. On the flipside a team could win eight out of twelve games, but have a three game sweep mixed in this stretch. Which team is actually doing better the one that hasn’t been swept or the other playing .666 winning percentage ball.  The streak is a good indicator, but I’ll take a deep playoff run with a few three game losing streaks mixed in over the course of a season. 
    • I think it'd be a cool record for the club to have...why so much indifference? 
    • Exceeding expectations: Irvin.  I said before the season I thought he'd have a monster season but had no idea it'd be like this. Gunnar:  Thought he'd be more of the same as last year, maybe a bit of a sophomore slump but he's MVP level even with his recent skid.  His defense looks legit, too.  He's making the leap in year 2 to superstar player. Adley:  Hitting for a higher average than I would have expected, now it looks like the power is coming around, too. Cowser:  Low bar to hurdle here, didn't know what to expect/low expectations help him here.   O'Hearn:  Thought he'd still be good but not this good. Mounty:  Glad to have been wrong about him after being all over him last year.  His defense is excellent, I think he'll be in the running for a GG this year. Westburg:  1.8 bWAR already, had no idea this was coming.  Looking like an invaluable member of the team moving forward.  Steady, quiet excellence. Mateo:  Thought he might not even have a spot on the team this spring but his defense is electric at 2nd base.  Would like to see more steals from him, though. Kremer:  He's been great. I don't know how his bWAR is -0.2, 46 innings of a 1.022 WHIP has to be worth more than that.  I thought he'd be solid, I didn't think he'd be this good. Suarez:  Out of nowhere for 23 innings of 0.913 WHIP.  Amazing. Akin:  I'll get some flak for this but I don't care.  I didn't expect much from him, so anything positive is a step in the right direction.  1.056 WHIP out of the pen, I'll take that all day.  21 strikeouts in 18 innings.  Remains to be seen if he can do this all year, but I think he's fully healthy and back to throwing strikes.   Failing to meet expectations Jackson Holliday:  But I'm not upset about it.   Kimbrel:  But of course. Cedric:  This hurts because I love the guy but he looks awful at the plate.  He's still somewhat indispensable because of his range in CF but the second half of last year was bad and it's even worse this year.   Tony Santander:  Almost don't want to put him here because he's a notorious slow starter so expectations probably should have been adjusted.   Cano:  Low on the list here because I expected him to be not as effective this year as he was last year.  But he's a good candidate for a roller coaster appearance and he's bailed himself out with some outstanding defensive plays.  1.328 WHIP isn't ideal for someone in his spot. I'm not gonna put injured players on here so that spares Hays and G-Rod from making the failing to meet expectations list.    
  • Popular Contributors