Regretting Not Signing Andrew Miller?

Rene88

In this thread I've learned that Miller is a great reliever who will succeed much more than he fails and who I'd rather have on our team than on the opponent's team. This is top notch stuff.

My name is vatech1994. I am a calculus counting weenie and Angelos apologist who doesn't care about winning.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are so intellectually dishonest. You should be banned for continuously intentionally misrepresenting the stances taken by your opposition. Nobody here has ever taken this stance and you know it. Either that or you're dim. Your call on which one it is.

Please don't quote me and I won't quote you. I don't want to interact with you. Thank you.

Whatever. "Intellectually dishonest."

You've been ringing that bell for as long as you've rung the "Orioles don't have money" siren.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean that they're wrong. You've used a dead bet to try to bury my POV, but guess what, other people feel that the Orioles could have done more in the offseason.

No matter what the Orioles could do to improve, if it costs money, someone comes from the shadows to complain that we don't have the loot or say why "x" player isn't worth it because of WAR. Yet, all the math in the world can't change the result of last night's game.

Miller is an above average pitcher who shuts down batters. That leads to wins. What's the dishonest part about that?

MSK

You've been ringing that bell for as long as you've rung the "Orioles don't have money" siren.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean that they're wrong. You've used a dead bet to try to bury my POV, but guess what, other people feel that the Orioles could have done more in the offseason.

No matter what the Orioles could do to improve, if it costs money, someone comes from the shadows to complain that we don't have the loot or say why "x" player isn't worth it because of WAR. Yet, all the math in the world can't change the result of last night's game.

Miller is an above average pitcher who shuts down batters. That leads to wins. What's the dishonest part about that?

MSK

1. The part where you pretend we have an infinite amount of money to spend, and don't have to make choices about where to spend the budget we have. And yes, we do have money. We're in the top half of the league in payroll. But we have limits, and we have a lot of players who are in the phase of their careers where their salaries are escalating.

2. The part where you pretend that we haven't been winning the last three years, taking the same approach as we're taking now.

MSK

So they wasn't able to resign Miller, Markakis or Cruz.

They didn't have a lot of needs to address in the off-season, considering this team was almost to the ALCS.

They picked up Snider and tried to improve their depth with guys like Cabrera.

The payroll is at an all-time high.

I am not going to through away the season on a rough first week out of the gate.

MSK

Why don't you buy a beach house in Malibu and a vintage Ferrari? You have money, they would improve your life, and I bet they would also stimulate your creativity, which would help you professionally. So you'd have even more money. What are you waiting for?

Why don't you buy a beach house in Malibu and a vintage Ferrari? You have money, they would improve your life, and I bet they would also stimulate your creativity, which would help you professionally, so you'd have even more money. What are you waiting for?

It might improve your life until you drive it an hit a pothole-those babies aren't cheap to keep on the road!

So they wasn't able to resign Miller, Markakis or Cruz.

They didn't have a lot of needs to address in the off-season, considering this team was almost to the ALCS.

They picked up Snider and tried to improve their depth with guys like Cabrera.

The payroll is at an all-time high.

I am not going to through away the season on a rough first week out of the gate.

I am not throwing the season away, but the lack of movement in the offseason is clear because we've got some needs in the pitching department.

I do believe our offense will be adequate, but we need pitching. I still believe we've skirted by with our SR for the last couple of years and our bullpen took a massive hit when Miller took off.

MSK

MSK

So how is saying a player isn't worth x equivalent to wanting Angelos to make more money. Heaven forbid people discuss economics and value of a base all player.

I am not throwing the season away, but the lack of movement in the offseason is clear because we've got some needs in the pitching department.

I do believe our offense will be adequate, but we need pitching. I still believe we've skirted by with our SR for the last couple of years and our bullpen took a massive hit when Miller took off.

MSK

He did not take off. He was going to leave, The Orioles were never going to sign him . Not at that price for a set up man.

MSK

I disagree 100%.

The relief pitching was pretty rock solid last year, they traded for 2 month rental for Miller and made the bullpen even better, they went for it.

One guy is not a massive hit.

This bullpen will come back around, its light years better than the Tigers.

You are so intellectually dishonest. You should be banned for continuously intentionally misrepresenting the stances taken by your opposition. Nobody here has ever taken this stance and you know it. Either that or you're dim. Your call on which one it is.

Please don't quote me and I won't quote you. I don't want to interact with you. Thank you.

Please use the ignore function.

So if we didn?t need or want to sign Miller because we had Britton as some posters are saying, why did we trade a top-level prospect for Miller? If we had no need for him this year why make the trade last year? Why did we need him last year? Because he is a lights out set-up man. Bottom line there has been a two game swing with his loss. Almost assuredly we are 5-2, not 3-4 with Miller. You extrapolate that over 162 games and you are talking about a 46 game swing. Am Isaying Andrew Miller is a 46 game difference maker? No I am not! We will see at the end of the year how Hunter, Matusz, Brach do in the set-up role. People were on this forum from day one last off-season talking about the importance of resigning Miller. This was our year to seize the moment and win. Did the Angelos regime seize the moment? Time will tell!

Let's get this straight. TRUE FANS like MSK want to WIN with the BEST players. Calculus counting geek fans like yourself are content losing with inferior players as long as the math makes sense. Comprende?

Yep...and true fans like MSK only come out during the offseason to harp on every non signing ad nauseam and when the Orioles go thru a stretch like they're going thru to start the season. If they were 6-1, you wouldn't hear a peep out of him.

So if we didn?t need or want to sign Miller because we had Britton as some posters are saying, why did we trade a top-level prospect for Miller? If we had no need for him this year why make the trade last year? Why did we need him last year? Because he is a lights out set-up man. Bottom line there has been a two game swing with his loss. Almost assuredly we are 5-2, not 3-4 with Miller. You extrapolate that over 162 games and you are talking about a 46 game swing. Am Isaying Andrew Miller is a 46 game difference maker? No I am not! We will see at the end of the year how Hunter, Matusz, Brach do in the set-up role. People were on this forum from day one last off-season talking about the importance of resigning Miller. This was our year to seize the moment and win. Did the Angelos regime seize the moment? Time will tell!

There's this thing... it's called money... oh, never mind.

Archived