Regretting Not Signing Andrew Miller?

Rene88

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said it 3 months ago and I will repeat it again. The O's absolutely 1000000000% blew it by not signing BOTH Miller and Cruz. Here is the thing, you cannot replace ELITE players with castoffs and journeymen. Elite players win you games, series, and championships.

Both Miller and Cruz, but especially Miller, are the VERY best at what they do. Miller at basically shortening the game to 6-7 innings to YOUR advantage, by putting FEAR into opposing teams knowing if they don't have a lead going into the 6th-8th inning they are probably going to lose, and by giving a huge shot of confidence to the entire pitching staff that carries over to the whole team. His stuff is maybe the best I have seen in a long long time from any pitcher. And we just said ok, see ya later. You don't get rid of people like that. And Cruz helps by of course hitting home runs and knocking in runs, but also by strengthening the entire order top to bottom which allows for more opps to score runs.

This team as we know it is not going to be around after this year. Paying Cruz and Miller the money they received would have really only hurt this year, and that had a strong chance of being offset by the fact that the Os would have had a great shot to win the whole thing in 2015. Which means all kinds of extra revenue to PA. I don't believe I have ever seen a team, IN ANY SPORT, who after not competing for a championship for 20 years, get so close the year before and THEN PURPOSELY WEAKEN THE TEAM. 99.999999999% of the time that is when most owners and management say "this is a chance we may not get again for another 10 years, it's time to go balls to the walls and go for it". This team? We let are two best players from last year go and replaced them with no one. Its sad. It's disgusting. It's pathetic really. Because after this year? We are losing much of our core anyway, so the money that you would be paying Miller and Cruz will more than offset by the money saved by not paying Davis, Weiters, etc. This was a great chance to win it all, and I can tell you right now this team will be doing very VERY well to finish at 500. It just is not that great of a team.

They both have kinda castoff histories don't they? I mean, I really like them both.

I said it 3 months ago and I will repeat it again. The O's absolutely 1000000000% blew it by not signing BOTH Miller and Cruz. Here is the thing, you cannot replace ELITE players with castoffs and journeymen. Elite players win you games, series, and championships.

Both Miller and Cruz, but especially Miller, are the VERY best at what they do. Miller at basically shortening the game to 6-7 innings to YOUR advantage, by putting FEAR into opposing teams knowing if they don't have a lead going into the 6th-8th inning they are probably going to lose, and by giving a huge shot of confidence to the entire pitching staff that carries over to the whole team. His stuff is maybe the best I have seen in a long long time from any pitcher. And we just said ok, see ya later. You don't get rid of people like that. And Cruz helps by of course hitting home runs and knocking in runs, but also by strengthening the entire order top to bottom which allows for more opps to score runs.

This team as we know it is not going to be around after this year. Paying Cruz and Miller the money they received would have really only hurt this year, and that had a strong chance of being offset by the fact that the Os would have had a great shot to win the whole thing in 2015. Which means all kinds of extra revenue to PA. I don't believe I have ever seen a team, IN ANY SPORT, who after not competing for a championship for 20 years, get so close the year before and THEN PURPOSELY WEAKEN THE TEAM. 99.999999999% of the time that is when most owners and management say "this is a chance we may not get again for another 10 years, it's time to go balls to the walls and go for it". This team? We let are two best players from last year go and replaced them with no one. Its sad. It's disgusting. It's pathetic really. Because after this year? We are losing much of our core anyway, so the money that you would be paying Miller and Cruz will more than offset by the money saved by not paying Davis, Weiters, etc. This was a great chance to win it all, and I can tell you right now this team will be doing very VERY well to finish at 500. It just is not that great of a team.

When and where and as whom did you share this powerful knowledge?

Look at my post history.

Look, you guys can poo poo the loss of Miller and Cruz all you want to, but I am a guy who puts my money on the line. Last year for example I put $500 each on the Os to win the East, the AL, and the WS. This year? You could not pay me to bet them.

Remember, if you think the O's have a budget they need to stay in, and make hard choices about who to keep and who to let go... well, you hate Baltimore, and Maryland, and all who reside therein.

I completely get where you're coming from here, but at the same time isn't it fair to judge the choices we make based off of what DD has told us, "We have how ever much money I think we need to improve the team (paraphrased)."

Look at my post history.

Look, you guys can poo poo the loss of Miller and Cruz all you want to, but I am a guy who puts my money on the line. Last year for example I put $500 each on the Os to win the East, the AL, and the WS. This year? You could not pay me to bet them.

Your post history was ZERO before this post that you have posted several times today. That is why I welcomed you. You're brand spanking new!

Look at my post history.

I believe that you are a gambler.

I believe my old name was Islandecho. I went to log in with that name last night and could not remember my password so I logged in with this. Hang on I will try and find the posts.

And now you are paying for two Plus memberships to the same message board? Some people know how to live.

Archived