If we lose this series...

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all, because losing the division by a game or two means there were any number of games that could have been won down the stretch in September that they didn't that would have been more significant than one game back in May that will likely be forgotten.

Look, it's a 162 games. I don't care if we lose all three of these games, if we finish a game off the pace, it will not be because of this series. It's just part of the grind. Roll on, game tomorrow! Let's get one.

I hate to lose. Always have. But all I've been able to gather from what I've observed and read in biographies and interviews with MLB players, if they take the losses as hard as we fans do, their psyche won't be able to make 162 games. Perhaps the managers bleed with every loss, but the players just have to go out there and find a way every day to play as a team and (forgive the word, I never liked it), "grind". These games do count as much as the ones at the end, but I think to preserve their sanity, they have to just put blinders on and not dwell too much on the standings until the manager or unofficial team captain feels it's time to crack the whip.

That said, teams as emotionally and outwardly intense as KC may have some psychological make-up that allows them to press, shout, raise hell and still succeed. I think they pushed the envelope last year in the postseason and rode a lot of luck. I think what they did was rare, a Cinderella run that I can't see them repeating. And I'm really rooting for it to bite them in the backside.

Look, it's a 162 games. I don't care if we lose all three of these games, if we finish a game off the pace, it will not be because of this series. It's just part of the grind. Roll on, game tomorrow! Let's get one.

Yeah, I don't see anything about this series that is so special and/or is in such dire contrast to any other series this season.

We got swept by the Blue Jays last week. So, if we lose the division by one game in October, will I be banging my head against the wall because we got swept by the Blue Jays? Or, perhaps if we blow a 2-run lead in the 9th inning of a game in June or July?

Home teams only hold something like 54% to 46% advantage over visitors--lowest in all pro sports. I don't think it's that big a deal.

I just glad they're back to playing baseball everyday. It beats watching helicopter shots all night.

This. If we lose the divison by 1 game, I seriously doubt I'll be looking back at this series as the reason why.

Home teams only hold something like 54% to 46% advantage over visitors--lowest in all pro sports. I don't think it's that big a deal.

I just glad they're back to playing baseball everyday. It beats watching helicopter shots all night.

This! I'm fine with the ways things worked out. The Rays could've been better about it. But they hardly have a home field advantage anyway. Someday the Os might be able to return the favor.

As a side note ....there were only 10,000 fans at that game. The Rays would've traded a short notice game for one they already had tickets sold for.

Archived