Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

Yankees struck out 18 times last night. I've tried to find out the most they've ever struck out in a 9 inning game, but this has to be close. Rizzo 5 times. I'll pick on Rizzo again. Infield in, runner on third, O'Hearn at bat...pulling everything foul..Rizzo playing 15 feet off the line and O'Hearn screams a liner down the line. What are they thinking? Yanks may have a huge payroll, but don't play well IMO.

18 minutes ago, AlbNYfan said:

Yankees struck out 18 times last night. I've tried to find out the most they've ever struck out in a 9 inning game, but this has to be close. Rizzo 5 times. I'll pick on Rizzo again. Infield in, runner on third, O'Hearn at bat...pulling everything foul..Rizzo playing 15 feet off the line and O'Hearn screams a liner down the line. What are they thinking? Yanks may have a huge payroll, but don't play well IMO.

As an Albany Os fan, you have got to be loving this!  Redemption!  I’m from NY also and have a lot of Yankees friends.  This is so sweet!

7 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Beating the Yankees is always great and we can enjoy it without rubbing other people's noses in it

Speak for yourself.  

The sense of entitlement kills me.  As does having been to numerous Yankees (AND SOX) games at Camden Yards where their fans invade.  

I'm not dancing on anyone's grave prematurely here, mind you, but if the standings hold and the Yankees do wind up in last place while we're in first, there's going to be a lot of **** talking.  A LOT.  

8 hours ago, AlbNYfan said:

I think the ESPN guys were talking about this as Cano worked in striking out the side. I believe 17 (second out of the ninth) tied their franchise record, and the third out then broke it. 

Now comes the most difficult question for an Orioles fan:   The Yankees are effectively 10 games back of us.   Do we actually root for them this week?  The very thought makes me ill, but we have to give it serious consideration.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Now comes the most difficult question for an Orioles fan:   The Yankees are effectively 10 games back of us.   Do we actually root for them this week?  The very thought makes me ill, but we have to give it serious consideration.

Nah, too soon. Two months of baseball left. 

17 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I think the ESPN guys were talking about this as Cano worked in striking out the side. I believe 17 (second out of the ninth) tied their franchise record, and the third out then broke it. 

Thanks. I tired of the announcers and left. That put an exclamation point on the game. Lot of pitches and pitchers, team effort, but still sweet.

16 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We certainly root for them against the Rays these 3 days!      If we get it anytime next few days, I was thinking we could use an Orioles win; Yankees win thread for novelty's sake.

NYY already had to scratch Domingo German tonight for an emergency AAA replacement.