Playoff atmosphere at The Yard today!

OsStrosNattyBohs

Anybody else that was there get that same vibe?

I feel like our season is about to turn around!

JustD was astounded by the attendance. I think the crowd was a bit subdued compared to the playoffs. But it was engaged. The kids had a great day.

JustD was astounded by the attendance. I think the crowd was a bit subdued compared to the playoffs. But it was engaged. The kids had a great day.

Great crowd. Crowd seemed bored with the very little offense. Many people milling about in the corridors They seemed to be more into it as Wright kept going.

It is a great sign. Good to see the fans realize that it is only May and we didn't make hay last year until after the A-S break.

Let's hope we smash last year's solid attendance numbers, despite the riots that cost us a home series and one game.

I watched on TV, but I wonder if that same crowd that saw the O's game maybe went to dinner and then headed over to the Baltimore Arena? There were a ton of people visible on the WWE PPV last night wearing O's gear and the crowd was HOT for the action all night long. Even Jones, Hardy, and Pearce showed up with first row seats behind the announcers. I guess Baltimore fans in general were just having themselves a great time yesterday!

Took my 3 1/2 year old nephew to his first O's game yesterday. He was decked out in O's gear and had a great time (granted I think he enjoyed the atmosphere and idea of cheering more than the actual game but baby steps). His other uncle is trying to turn him into a Nats fan so I'm glad the team and fans showed up yesterday!

'

Took my 3 1/2 year old nephew to his first O's game yesterday. He was decked out in O's gear and had a great time (granted I think he enjoyed the atmosphere and idea of cheering more than the actual game but baby steps). His other uncle is trying to turn him into a Nats fan so I'm glad the team and fans showed up yesterday!

'

But he's not the cool uncle. You will have to teach him that. I made sure my nephews all knew that.

The season will turn around. This is a very good baseball team that just needs to work out a few kinks.

The offense is above average. The defense is above average. I think the starting pitching will be average once the Norris situation resolves itself. And the bullpen is above average with Garcia out.

'

"Train up a child." :gallden:

Very impressed with the crowd yesterday. 2nd game of the season for me and had a free suite to take it all in. Definitely didn't think it near the same atmosphere as a playoff game but a solid Sunday crowd, a pitching match-up that kept people engaged, and a W. Had a friend who is a huge WWE fan so he was really pumped to see Rollins throwing out the first pitch and getting all the WWE walk up music (Jones picked Cena's, only time I've booed Jones :2yay-thumb:).

Thought Wright pitched great and attacked with his fastball but I did notice he has a drastically slower arm motion when throwing his curve. IF I can pick it up I'm sure the hitters will eventually do so. Granted I was watching from the first baseline so it might have been easier for me to notice.

All and all a wonderful day at the park. I love Orioles fans. Everyone is usually very open and receptive to cheering and having a good time as long as you respects the others around you. I live just outside DC and loathe everything about going to a Nats game. Only good thing about the Nats is the fact they are in the NL East and I can pick out the prime pitching match-ups to go watch. The NL East is stacked with great pitching.

Archived