@ VA 3/09 7:30 pm

Notre Dame will always be Football first, understandably so. Brey would be my guy IF Gary would go.

I love Anthony Grant from VCU. Travis Ford plays a style that I would like Maryland to play -- it is turbo charged. Either one would be fine with me, but a guy like Brey is way more of a safe bet.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yet again, you have to get rude by adding a little jab. UNC went to the Sweet 16 in 14 of 16 years under Dean Smith. They have been there in 4 of 10 since. They've missed him whether you want to admit it or not.

He's still the godfather of Carolina Basketball. No one makes a move without consulting Coach Smith.

You are one to talk about throwing insults and barbs. You've now thrown three personal insults in my direction. I don't appreciate it and I've lost a lot of respect for you tonight.

For the record, in case someone who doesn't have a lot of history is reading this thread, I pitched a bit after high school, but I was never remotely close to being a major league prospect and I'm surely not a "star pitcher" and never wrote that I was. This is more of Pedro hyperbolizing things to make his debating opponent look bad and to force him to fight on multiple fronts.

1. I couldn't care less about your level of respect for me.

2. To those that are new here, VaTech has used the fact that he used to play as an argument as to why he's right on baseball debates before.

3. I stand behind everything I've said tonight. This argument devolved into a "if Gary leaves we will be in a down period for a while" debate. I provided examples of former legends who left their school. Those new coaches, meanwhile, while perhaps not being as successful as their predecessors (sp?), did OK for themselves.

Somehow, this doesn't make sense to some people. Replacing Gary isn't the end of the world and, if we hire the right guy, could actually make the MD program better off, both immediately and in the long run.

It just seems like MD plays too much on emotion, now this is good when things are clicking, but right now things seem off. Now this might not be GW fault, but it could be a player with a bad attitude rubbing off on other players. I have nothing to support this to be the case , but last year at Duke McRoberts was this type of player .

2. To those that are new here, VaTech has used the fact that he used to play as an argument as to why he's right on baseball debates before.

Somehow, this doesn't make sense to some people. Replacing Gary isn't the end of the world and, if we hire the right guy, could actually make the MD program better off, both immediately and in the long run.

That's uncalled for.

I agree with the second statement, but it is no sure bet that if we change coaches we will be better in the short term or come anywhere close to the success that Gary has had before the last 4 years of being down.

It also isn't true. I've used my playing experience to support my arguments before, but I've never written anything like "I played and you didn't, so I'm right and you're wrong". To say that I did is way out of line.

BTW, thanks for piping in on this. I've tried to stay above the fray here, but he isn't making it easy. Hopefully, he will put me on ignore as I've requested and he won't be subjected to my posts.

Certainly not those exact words but you've insinuated as such IMO.

I completely disagree. Please provide examples to support this assertion or back off it. It is completely out of line to attack my character like this. You would think a third party weighing in might make you step back a bit, but I guess not. I can't believe the way you're acting tonight. I think a moderator should take a look at this thread.

Seriously, please just place me on ignore so you won't be subjected to me. I'm leaving now. This is just not cool at all...

This certainly didn't come out of nowhere. I was baited into this by you and others who essentially painted me as some moron because I felt the way I do (i.e. not acting "level-headed" etc).

However, I do admit that the thread has gotten out of hand and for that I do apologize. The thread devolved and it shouldn't have.

The fact remains that I stand by the fact that Gary Williams needs to go and that there are countless guys out there that would be more than suitable replacements.

P.S. As for the proof you seek, I'm sure it's most likely been purged and I can't remember a specific thread anyway.

BTW, since VaTech has publicly complained about me personally attacking him, here are some of the things he's said tonight

At this point, I actually hope Pedro and Bryan get their wish and Williams retires. However, I also don't kneejerk into "fire the coach" mode and throw a temper tantrum just because MD isn't Duke/UNC.
Of course, I'm not sure I should expect much intelligent discourse from people whose contributions consist of "they suck". That is some real in depth, detailed analysis there.
Are you trying to be funny? You're embarrassing yourself with these statements.
No, I'm not happy they're average, but I'm also not whining and complaining about it like a five year old and telling anyone who will listen that the team sucks and the coach should be fired. However, don't let that stop you.
You can't possibly be this silly.

This certainly didn't come out of nowhere. I was baited into this by you and others who essentially painted me as some moron because I felt the way I do (i.e. not acting "level-headed" etc).

However, I do admit that the thread has gotten out of hand and for that I do apologize. The thread devolved and it shouldn't have.

The fact remains that I stand by the fact that Gary Williams needs to go and that there are countless guys out there that would be more than suitable replacements.

P.S. As for the proof you seek, I'm sure it's most likely been purged and I can't remember a specific thread anyway.

If this is the way you truly feel, why is your very next post a montage of all the mean things VaTech said to you?

I mean, I get that it is a two-way street ... but both of you need to give it a rest ... particularly because you are both intelligent and well-informed posters who couldn't possibly disagree more.

If this is the way you truly feel, why is your very next post a montage of all the mean things VaTech said to you?

I mean, I get that it is a two-way street ... but both of you need to give it a rest ... particularly because you are both intelligent and well-informed posters who couldn't possibly disagree more.

Because the fact of the matter is that I don't want people that read this thread to think I'm some sort of monster who just pre-emptively attacks people for no reason. I was certainly baited tonight.

Wow, I decided to pop back in before trying to go to sleep and I find this waiting for me. If you believe the things you've highlighted compare to the personal attacks you've lobbed at me in this thread, I don't know what to tell you. Several of the things you highlighted above don't even identify you as the person I'm discussing.

I wrote that you "can't be that silly" and you think that is an insult. I wrote you CAN'T be that silly, not that you are silly. WOW

Let me give you an example of why I'm shocked about what you've written tonight:

1) VaTech is behaving arrogantly when discussing whether or not to fire Williams and this is why I think he is acting arrogantly in this situation ....

2) VaTech is arrogant.

These two statements are very, very different things. One discusses actions, but doesn't label a person as being the sum of his current actions. The other simply attributes this nasty comment to me as a person in totality. I've got no issue with the first statement. The second is very much out of line IMHO.

Please, I beg you, put me on ignore. I don't want to get into this any further with you.

Never said that. However, you did compare to a 5-year-old among other things. I suppose I should have just taken that in stride? Nahhhh!

Archived