The moves today should help the O's win

wildcard

Not expecting like a Davis or Wieters trade?

I doubt it is anything that drastic. I'm guessing anyone in the following list is fair game to be traded, sent down, or released:

Clevenger

Joseph

Snider

Lough

Pearce

Young

Cabrera

Matusz (? not sure about the suspension)

I would be very surprised if someone outside of that list was affected.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The backup center fielder would be Julio Borbon. If Jones gets hurt you play your emergency CFer for four innings or whatever, and that is Alvarez or Cabrera or Flaherty or whomever. By the next game Borbon has utilized the modern miracle of air travel to get to wherever the Orioles are.

I didn't know Flash could play backup CF.

Buck puts a strong emphasis on CF, behind Catcher and SS for being Defensive Plus ability. (Which he has said over and over, through his years here.). His 4th OF, has to be able to play CF and play it well.

Which is why Lough is still around, of course, this last sentence is my opinion.

The backup center fielder would be Julio Borbon. If Jones gets hurt you play your emergency CFer for four innings or whatever, and that is Alvarez or Cabrera or Flaherty or whomever. By the next game Borbon has utilized the modern miracle of air travel to get to wherever the Orioles are.

It probably wouldn't be the end of the world if Alvarez had to play a handful of games in CF.

While I can appreciate that everyone (including a major league player) can make mistakes, forgetting the number of outs when running the bases is a major mental mistake. Obviously, Snider ran the Orioles out of the inning. I believe that every manager can live with their players making physical mistakes, ( i.e.errors) however, a lapse in concentration will drive any manager nuts. ( Especially when it occurs in the middle of a five game skid.)

Buck plugged him back in the very next game, too.

I doubt it is anything that drastic. I'm guessing anyone in the following list is fair game to be traded, sent down, or released:

Clevenger

Joseph

Snider

Lough

Pearce

Young

Cabrera

Matusz (? not sure about the suspension)

I would be very surprised if someone outside of that list was affected.

i guess but he said unexpected. All those besides Young or Joseph could be expected.

That's what a good manager does.

Instead of burying him, he lets him play.

It wasn't like Snider was not hustling, he made a mental error.

I doubt that we see it again from Snider.

I agree.

Yet, some fans are packing his bags and chanting for his DFA.

Buck plugged him back in the very next game, too.
That's what a good manager does.

Instead of burying him, he lets him play.

It wasn't like Snider was not hustling, he made a mental error.

I doubt that we see it again from Snider.

Except that he didn't. He got doubled off on Tuesday and didn't play on Wednesday, vs a RHP. He was back in the lineup yesterday, vs a leftie.

Archived