The moves today should help the O's win

wildcard

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other factor to consider is JJ's oblique. I know the plan is to start him today, but any time a veteran with back problems is banged up, you have to wonder if we have a ticking time bomb. I would venture to say there is no way we release Cabrera while there are still concerns about JJ. Sure, Janish or whomever is at AAA, but then what if there is an injury to him?

Clevenger goes down for Wieters. He can always be called back up.

Matusz gets suspended. We are a man short.

The last I heard, the next man up anyone within the organization has been talking about is Parmelee. With the need for offense, he would make sense. Who do you like (or dislike) between Lough, Snider, Pearce, Young, Paredes? Hate to give any of them up. Maybe Parmelee up with Snider to the DL?

That is my final answer.

The other factor to consider is JJ's oblique. I know the plan is to start him today, but any time a veteran with back problems is banged up, you have to wonder if we have a ticking time bomb. I would venture to say there is no way we release Cabrera while there are still concerns about JJ. Sure, Janish or whomever is at AAA, but then what if there is an injury to him?

I think Hardy is fine. He came in as a defensive replacement in the 9th inning yesterday. The O's wouldn't have done that unless he were healthy.

I think Hardy is fine. He came in as a defensive replacement in the 9th inning yesterday. The O's wouldn't have done that unless he were healthy.

I believe he is healthy now, but he has already been on the DL (shoulder) and missed games due to at least two other injuries (back, oblique). I hope he is fine, but I don't want to get any thinner at SS if possible. More inclined to lose Snider or maybe even Paredes.

I agree and we also have Narvaro down in AAA that can play SS, too.

Navarro has not been great at 2B. I can't imagine they want to risk going with him at SS all year.

I believe he is healthy now, but he has already been on the DL (shoulder) and missed games due to at least two other injuries (back, oblique). I hope he is fine, but I don't want to get any thinner at SS if possible. More inclined to lose Snider or maybe even Paredes.

Navarro has not been great at 2B. I can't imagine they want to risk going with him at SS all year.

Navarro can hit but the issues is his range. No way would he play SS at the big league level.

Archived