Its time to promote Chris Parmelee (Activated, Chen to Frederick)

wildcard

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that I know Buck's tendency to avoid exposing Chen to Toronto, the move makes a lot of sense.

I am getting a kick out of the Orioles reasons for this move. I don't doubt that Chen and 24 other players on the team are fatigued some but how did he pitch so well last night?

I bet the Orioles mapped this out awhile ago. We are like the Patriots, but legal in our actions, shrewd but legal.

I asked what the plan was.

For the record I don't have a real problem with the moves, I just think they are pretty inconsequential. The fact that Chen needs a breather does make it more sensible.

Probably not an actual plan, but a contingency set up. If anyone needs to hit the DL, or God willing we can trade Delmon, we can hold onto the next potential lightning in a bottle.

Blue Jays team OPS vs LHP is .876, slugging is .504.

Like most, when I first read that Chen was going to Frederick I was thoroughly confused, but as the OH does so well all seems to be clear now! Thx.

Would be interesting to see what he can do against some A ball hitter for a few innings!

This is the most logical move to buy some time.

Considering Chen's track record after coming back from a long outing (usually getting rocked after a superb outing) against the Blue Jays of all teams, and I think this move makes sense. The only thing I'm curious over is who goes? Are they trying to ship Parmelee, Young, Snider, Lough, or Pearce?

For all the naysayers (Corn), I think you will be surprised by Parmalee. If we move Davis to the RF, I think it could be a significant upgrade if Davis does well there. We will see. I think he provides a spark, can't wait.

Why on Earth would we move Davis from 1B?

He's an above average glove at 1B, there's just no reason to move him for a guy that's last major league start was in September of last year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am in excellent physical shape. I feel great and I am ready for my next start. I just pitched 8 innings of shutout baseball.</p>— Wei-Yin Chen(一生懸命) (@WeiYinChen16) <a href="

">June 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am disappointed my routine is being interrupted. I will continue to work hard and do my best to perform. Thank you for all the support!</p>— Wei-Yin Chen(一生懸命) (@WeiYinChen16) <a href="

">June 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ballplayers and social media. Two things that do not go well together. It rarely helps to go public like this.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Like I said in the game thread.

This is his walk year. Buck basically saying he needs a start off due to fatigue in JUNE isn't going to help his market value.

His response was very measured and respectful.

I have no issue with it.

Archived