Its time to promote Chris Parmelee (Activated, Chen to Frederick)

wildcard

What's the "Hip Hop" reference supposed to mean? That's racist.

Racist? Are you insane? There is plenty of real racism in the USA and the world, stop making up fake racism. Unreal. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the "Hip Hop" reference supposed to mean? That's racist.
Your post is more racist then his. You need to cut this old guard crap. I'm one of the oldest posters here and just about every one dislikes me. I'm not a member of any guard. There is no old guard.

Why should I be ashamed when I deal with racism everyday? His comment came off as racist.

As I was clearly joking about wanting to be part of the "new guard", why would my comment about starting to listen to "Hip" music i.e "Hip Hop" be construed as racist?

Three years from now, during a bored day on the OH, when someone asks, "Name every hitter who contributed to the record-setting 8 home-runs-in-one-game-effort on June 16th, 2015, no one will remember Chris Parmelee. But I hope he makes the most of the chance he has right now.

If a RH is on the mound, I expect to see Parmelee in the lineup. Could be Reimold or Snider on the other corner. Lough probably plays for Jones again.

A righty is on the mound. I'd play lough in center tonight again with Parmalee and Reimold. I'd make sure Pearce and Young get PH opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your post is more racist then his. You need to cut this old guard crap. I'm one of the oldest posters here and just about every one dislikes me. I'm not a member of any guard. There is no old guard.

Don't sell yourself short.

I take "old guard" to refer to people who a) believe in rational discussion informed by arguments; b) for this reason, tend to defer to the judgment of Duquette and the organization; c) believe in the use of baseball statistics as part of the rational discussion; and d) mostly use the board for thinking critically about how to incrementally and constructively improve the team. I believe the majority of the people on the board fall into this camp.

There is a small group that a) is more interested in representing the emotional pulse of the fan base; b) wants to attack the organization for anything bad and suggest radical changes; c) is much more interested in immediate gut reactions; and d) uses the board to blow off steam after losses. Because this is a smaller group, they feel persecuted by the larger group.

We all know who we are and which camp we fall into. Let's just acknowledge that and move on.

If a RH is on the mound, I expect to see Parmelee in the lineup. Could be Reimold or Snider on the other corner. Lough probably plays for Jones again.

Agree on Lough and Jones.

I hope you are right. I love me some Veal Parm. I would like to see him play again (and this time I won't be at the gym).

I take "old guard" to refer to people who a) believe in rational discussion informed by arguments; b) for this reason, tend to defer to the judgment of Duquette and the organization; c) believe in the use of baseball statistics as part of the rational discussion; and d) mostly use the board for thinking critically about how to incrementally and constructively improve the team. I believe the majority of the people on the board fall into this camp.

There is a small group that a) is more interested in representing the emotional pulse of the fan base; b) wants to attack the organization for anything bad and suggest radical changes; c) is much more interested in immediate gut reactions; and d) uses the board to blow off steam after losses. Because this is a smaller group, they feel persecuted by the larger group.

We all know who we are and which camp we fall into. Let's just acknowledge that and move on.

There are no groups. And no safety in numbers. We are all individual posters. Responsible for our own opinions.

Agree on Lough and Jones.

I hope you are right. I love me some Veal Parm. I would like to see him play again (and this time I won't be at the gym).

Memo to Rene88, due to last night's box score, you are now required to be at the gym, for every Oriole game for the rest of the season. :)

Memo to Rene88, due to last night's box score, you are now required to be at the gym, for every Oriole game for the rest of the season. :)

No kidding:) LOL, I couldn't believe when I saw 12-0! I missed Parm's second homer too! My fianc?e was like "sorry Hun but Parmalee hit another homer while you were in the shower" ha ha!

No kidding:) LOL, I couldn't believe when I saw 12-0! I missed Parm's second homer too! My fianc?e was like "sorry Hun but Parmalee hit another homer while you were in the shower" ha ha!

I was out with the wife and kept peaking at my phone and yahoo. One point they put up that six spot early.

I whistled and softly said Holy Crap (Cleaned up for our youngsters). My wife laughs at me and gives me the elbow, slush yourself.

Archived