Paredes?

Shabadoo25

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One good game doesn't make up for a month for being terrible at the plate. He's as ice cold as anyone at the plate, and frankly needed to have been sat more often before Wieters came back.

Funny how Davis never gets that treatment.

One good game doesn't make up for a month for being terrible at the plate. He's as ice cold as anyone at the plate, and frankly needed to have been sat more often before Wieters came back.
It wasn't a month. It was an 11 G stretch when he hit 146 .186 .171 .357 in 43 PA. I imagine he'll DH v RHP and Wieters v LHP when he isn't catching. The more Wieters catches the less he will DH and then more Paredes will. So Buck will want to keep him sharp.

It wasn't a month. It was an 11 G stretch when he hit 146 .186 .171 .357 in 43 PA. I imagine he'll DH v RHP and Wieters v LHP when he isn't catching. The more Wieters catches the less he will DH and then more Paredes will. So Buck will want to keep him sharp.

Over the last 28 days, 22 games, he's hitting .235 and has an OPS of .561 with one home run. It has been a month, and he's been horrible.

Will he still be a big part of the lineup going forward? He was benched last night and won't play today likely with Wieters at DH.

It looked like he had regained his stroke a bit in the last game in Cleveland.

Yes, it did!

Over the last 28 days, 22 games, he's hitting .235 and has an OPS of .561 with one home run. It has been a month, and he's been horrible.
You need to go to the game logs to understand what I am saying. From May 1 to May 27 he was .340 .369 .505 .874 From May 28 through June 5 he was .063 .118 .063 .180. Get it?

Unless Paredes shows he is heating up again (and that takes more than one game), I think he's thrown into the rotational mix alongside Young, Pearce, Sinder and Joseph (with Lough being used even more infrequently then the others).

Before Paredes got those hits in Clev, he had hit into some tough luck the few days before smoking the ball right at fielders. He did have a rough 10 days though and that is to be expected. He is much better from the left side of the plate, and I think Buck will use him now in situations in which he will excel ie Danny Valencia and Delmon Young in past years.

We haven't seen him batting righty in a while now. I think he is still our primary DH against RHP, but Wieters is going to take some of those ABs away. If he doesn't hit, he may be the next guy to be DFA.

Doubt it. Next guy will be Snider before Parades. Too much value in the future to give up on yet.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You need to go to the game logs to understand what I am saying. From May 1 to May 27 he was .340 .369 .505 .874 From May 28 through June 5 he was .063 .118 .063 .180. Get it?

His OPS had already fallen .183 points by that point, and it's continued going south. Doesn't negate the fact that he has been horrible at the plate, and even if he started out May hitting, his finish and performance into June has negated it entirely. Bottom line, last 22 games, .561 OPS. That's horrible.

Archived