Paredes?

Shabadoo25

His OPS had already fallen .183 points by that point, and it's continued going south. Doesn't negate the fact that he has been horrible at the plate, and even if he started out May hitting, his finish and performance into June has negated it entirely. Bottom line, last 22 games, .561 OPS. That's horrible.
This post is an example of why numbers in the wrong hands are non productive.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paredes is hitting 319/353/521/874 vs righthanded pitching. I don't see the O's giving up on that kind of production. He is going to have to drop a lot further for the O's not to keep giving him chances.

Which is why, it makes sense what another OP said and that Paredes will play, but probably more in a platoon role.

On an almost related note, I wonder why Buck didn't start Caleb last night vs. a LHP. With this setup, he only plays vs. Porcello instead of ERod or Miley.

According to his splits, right now, he isn't hitting much.

For the season, his RHP and LHP are nearly identical. .240 for RHP and .235 for LHP.

His OPS had already fallen .183 points by that point, and it's continued going south. Doesn't negate the fact that he has been horrible at the plate, and even if he started out May hitting, his finish and performance into June has negated it entirely. Bottom line, last 22 games, .561 OPS. That's horrible.

You are cherry picking like crazy. The 10 game performance is what is pulling everything down the 12 games prior to that stretch were decent and you can't expect him to OPS 1.000 In those 12 games he hit .333 which is great then he fel off the cliff and hit .108 the last 10. If you hit .400 in a 11 game tretch and then .100 in teh same amount of at bats you are hitting just .250 but you can't say the guy was horrible for a 22 game stretch.

Doubt it. Next guy will be Snider before Parades. Too much value in the future to give up on yet.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You could make a case for/against either guy, but I give the edge to a guy who has a position. The promotion of Reimold and return of Wieters makes Paredes more expendable than Snider simply because Snider can play decent LF.

Looking at career numbers, I expect Paredes to have the edge in batting average but Snider to have the edge in SLG and OBP. I have more optimism than Snider will find his power than for Paredes to start hitting out of his mind again.

You could make a case for/against either guy, but I give the edge to a guy who has a position. The promotion of Reimold and return of Wieters makes Paredes more expendable than Snider simply because Snider can play decent LF.

Looking at career numbers, I expect Paredes to have the edge in batting average but Snider to have the edge in SLG and OBP. I have more optimism than Snider will find his power than for Paredes to start hitting out of his mind again.

If I had to pick between Snider and Paredes for a roster spot, Paredes wins. He has earned some rope. Snider hasn't earned much slack at all IMO.

I agree. Paredes is a poor defender, which leaves him mostly to the DH role.

I think Snider is better than some give him credit.

I agree. Paredes is a poor defender, which leaves him mostly to the DH role.

I think Snider is better than some give him credit.

I agree on these points. But Parades is the keeper for the future if you have to pick. We don't have any offensive help on the horizon from the minors really. He is also cost effective. And under control.

On an almost related note, I wonder why Buck didn't start Caleb last night vs. a LHP. With this setup, he only plays vs. Porcello instead of ERod or Miley.

Wieters will catch as often as possible. When he can bump his schedule to 2 out of every 3 games, he will, then 4 out of 5 and so on until he is catching 6 games a week.

I agree on these points. But Parades is the keeper for the future if you have to pick. We don't have any offensive help on the horizon from the minors really. He is also cost effective. And under control.

Not sure, if the team keeps both Snider and Young around. Or maybe Reimold is traded out, but I suspect it will be Snider or Young.

Archived