This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time to drop the curtain on this lame act, who has done little or nothing to build on the foundation laid down by Andy MacPhail. Tired of seeing the results from a nothing offseason, over $10 million dollars wasted in DFAd personnel, and constant shuffling of AAAA players with mediocre results on the field. Bring in a bright young executive like New Hampshire native Ben Cherington, who has a world championship on his resume and knows what it takes to build a productive minor league system. The thought of Duquette in charge of this offseason is nothing short of frightening. Time for Angelos to do the right thing: can this non-talent and bring aboard a real front office that can do it right for the sake of this franchise.:cool:

This is REALLY good sarcasm? Right?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

No doubt this was a horrible year for Duquette. Almost all of his offseason decisions turned out badly, and the team is paying the price.

But if you're going to blame him for this season you should credit him for 2012 and 2014, when he made a bunch of under-the-radar moves that paid off.

While I agree that Duquette has not put enough emphasis on the farm system, I think he's been under some duress. He's been forced to use the farm system to plug holes at the major league level (including giving up draft picks to sign Cruz and Ubaldo and in the Webb and Bud Norris trades) to stay within Angelos' budget.

No doubt this was a horrible year for Duquette. Almost all of his offseason decisions turned out badly, and the team is paying the price.

But if you're going to blame him for this season you should credit him for 2012 and 2014, when he made a bunch of under-the-radar moves that paid off.

While I agree that Duquette has not put enough emphasis on the farm system, I think he's been under some duress. He's been forced to use the farm system to plug holes at the major league level (including giving up draft picks to sign Cruz and Ubaldo and in the Webb and Bud Norris trades) to stay within Angelos' budget.

Yeah it is amazing how DD can be assigned all the blame but when things go right it was luck.

I blame Duquette for the lack of clutch hitting.

So you don't think the decision to not sign Cruz and replace with a 4a fodder gladiatorial competition was a factor?

You don't think Cruuuuz was really popular in the clubhouse and helped propel this team to the next level?

Not trading Norris when his value was at his peak might have hurt?

Extending injury ladened Hardy to a long term deal when you may have the best shortstop in the game at 3b?

Drafting a guy in the first round with a noodle arm, so-so power aand bats like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

Trading Jake Arrieta for Scott Feldman?

Acquiring Travis Snider for 25th ranked Stephen Tarpley?

Deciding to trade Davies when you realize the team doesn't have enough to go very deep even if you do squeak in?

You can't get them all right, nor would any of us, but he should be held accountable without orange colored glasses. Be fair.

I like DD but was VERY disappointed with the decision to trade for Parra/not trade other pieces. That is what got me. I just withhold judgement bc I feel maybe PA had some say there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it is amazing how DD can be assigned all the blame but when things go right it was luck.

Who thought it was on DD though? Nobody I know. He helped with depth specifically.

Buck turned this club around. AM helped with some great trades.

But let's not kid ourselves. Buck should get 80% or more of the credit. The guy is one of the best.

So you don't think the decision to not sign Cruz and replace with a 4a fodder gladiatorial competition was a factor?

You don't think Cruuuuz was really popular in the clubhouse and helped propel this team to the next level?

Extending injury ladened Hardy to a long term deal when you may have the best shortstop in the game at 3b?

Drafting a guy in the first round with a noodle arm, so-so power aand bats like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

Deciding to trade Davies when you realize the team doesn't have enough to go very deep even if you do squeak in?

You can't get them all right, nor would any of us, but he should be held accountable without orange colored glasses. Be fair.

I like DD but was VERY disappointed with the decision to trade for Parra/not trade other pieces. That is what got me. I just withhold judgement bc I feel maybe PA had some say there.

Why do you keep bringing ranking up with Tarpley? If anything, it supports the trade.

Who thought it was on DD though? Nobody I know. He helped with depth specifically.

Buck turned this club around. AM helped with some great trades.

But let's not kid ourselves. Buck should get 80% or more of the credit. The guy is one of the best.

If you dont think DD aided in building a winner, then you are the one that wants to be wilfully ignorant. You can assign silly percentages all day long as to who contributed the most to turning this team around but to belittle DD's accomplishments prior to this year is asinine.

If you dont think DD aided in building a winner, then you are the one that wants to be wilfully ignorant. You can assign silly percentages all day long as to who contributed the most to turning this team around but to belittle DD's accomplishments prior to this year is asinine.

Lol : but I didn't say he didn't help. I said he helped with depth specifically. I think DD overall has been a positive. I think he is also having a real bad year.

Have to agree with this analysis, except for getting Parra, who may prove to be a good fit in the OF, if we can sign him for the future.

Have to agree with this analysis, except for getting Parra, who may prove to be a good fit in the OF, if we can sign him for the future.

If he had another year...I agree, he looks like a nice piece just not a guarantee he will resign.

Time to drop the curtain on this lame act, who has done little or nothing to build on the foundation laid down by Andy MacPhail. Tired of seeing the results from a nothing offseason, over $10 million dollars wasted in DFAd personnel, and constant shuffling of AAAA players with mediocre results on the field. Bring in a bright young executive like New Hampshire native Ben Cherington, who has a world championship on his resume and knows what it takes to build a productive minor league system. The thought of Duquette in charge of this offseason is nothing short of frightening. Time for Angelos to do the right thing: can this non-talent and bring aboard a real front office that can do it right for the sake of this franchise.:cool:

Fun story. I get home and read the boards first before checking the score. I read this post and some of the follow ups. Based on the time posted, I think the score is 11-2 Twins by now and I shouldn't bother listening on the radio. Then I check the score, and it's 3-2 Orioles in the bottom of the 7th.

I wanted to neg rep, but then I realized it is not good do that sort of thing as a knee-jerk reaction. [that's an analogy to front office work.]

From 2012-2015...

Dan Duquette's record as GM: 336-272

Ben Cherington's record as GM: 293-316

:scratchchinhmm:

I know I get dinged with being a Red Sox apologist. Even I can say that while I love what that organization does in amateur acquisition and development, Cherrington had big swings and misses in constructing his major league roster.

Fun story. I get home and read the boards first before checking the score. I read this post and some of the follow ups. Based on the time posted, I think the score is 11-2 Twins by now and I shouldn't bother listening on the radio. Then I check the score, and it's 3-2 Orioles in the bottom of the 7th.

I wanted to neg rep, but then I realized it is not good do that sort of thing as a knee-jerk reaction. [that's an analogy to front office work.]

The OP started this thread about one minute after Gausman gave up the 2-run home run in the 1st inning.

Not including Manny Machado's error, Gausman proceeded to retire the final 19 batters that he faced.

Archived