Comp B Lottery 2 PM EDT

weams

It's all about showing me the pool money baby. 7 picks in the top 100. I feel like a 76'ers fan right now. #assets #trusttheprocess

Whatever you do, don't look at the Rays' 2011 draft. Actually, do that. It's pretty great schadenfreude.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May I have a run-down of the seven picks we're talking about? Do they include the two compensatory picks we're expected to get for qualifying offers?

First round pick

Comp picks (first round)

Chen

Davis

Wieters

Second round pick

Compensatory pick for failing to sign second round pick

Competitive balance pick

DD's plan:

- Go for it this year (even if having to deal a couple of prospects). Arguments can be made for and against this.

After season:

- Let all FAs go w/QOs to Wieters, Davis, Chen (maybe DOD and/or lesser player is signed)

- Use departing money to sign a [very] good COF and Starter

- Use 7 picks in two rounds (plus praying for Bundy/Harvey) to rebuild farm system

If he does it all right it could be really good, fun, and exciting. I don't believe this team has a snowball's chance in hell this year but I get what he's doing and why. I'll root for them no matter what. Also, I really can't remember a time with more potential major roster/prospect changes...

DD's plan:

- Go for it this year (even if having to deal a couple of prospects). Arguments can be made for and against this.

After season:

- Let all FAs go w/QOs to Wieters, Davis, Chen (maybe DOD and/or lesser player is signed)

- Use departing money to sign a [very] good COF and Starter

- Use 7 picks in two rounds (plus praying for Bundy/Harvey) to rebuild farm system

If he does it all right it could be really good, fun, and exciting. I don't believe this team has a snowball's chance in hell this year but I get what he's doing and why. I'll root for them no matter what. Also, I really can't remember a time with more potential major roster/prospect changes...

Kazmir and Heyward.

Where did you see that?

I know it doesn't allow for team control past the length of the original deal but this is the first I have heard of no QO.

I'm trying to find the proof but this has been out there for some time.

Archived