Flaherty at 1B tonight, so....

Frobby

According to this' date=' it seems like Pearce "volunteered" to go on the DL.

I wonder if he felt he might be on the chopping block?

[url']http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/07/hearing-from-showalter-and-pearce-before-tonights-game.html[/url]

Not chopping block I think. I only read this late tonight. It's sounds like was said, Pearce is a trooper. And he was really feeling this oblique.

What makes me buy into this is half a paragraph from this article...

Buck: "I know the way baseball works, the Yankee doctor has to come over and approve the injury today. I think it's theirs. If he sees what I know he's going to see, (Pearce) will take a train back and get an MRI on it."

Not chopping block I think. I only read this late tonight. It's sounds like was said, Pearce is a trooper. And he was really feeling this oblique.

What makes me buy into this is half a paragraph from this article...

Buck: "I know the way baseball works, the Yankee doctor has to come over and approve the injury today. I think it's theirs. If he sees what I know he's going to see, (Pearce) will take a train back and get an MRI on it."

Yeah, I overlooked that. When did that practice take place? The opposing team has to okay and injury for you to put someone on the DL?

I guess WC's thought about Flaherty being optioned for Gausman, didn't come true.

I guess you are right. I don't think any of us knew that Pearce was hurt. Buck said that they had another move ready before Pearce walked into his office and said he needed to go on the DL. I wonder what that move was.

I guess you are right. I don't think any of us knew that Pearce was hurt. Buck said that they had another move ready before Pearce walked into his office and said he needed to go on the DL. I wonder what that move was.

Rene had made the prediction that somebody was going to the DL. So give the man props.

My opinion, Parm or Reimold would have been DFA, again, just my opinion.

Yeah' date=' I overlooked that. When did that practice take place? The opposing team has to okay and injury for you to put someone on the DL?[/quote']

I never heard of it before. Is why it stood out so much to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• A player who is a FA after this year TB is not going to care where he goes. That said they only have Armstrong and Rosario. Potentially Maton. 
    • I don't think we really need to trade for CF just because we have so much depth at COF. We could promote Mayo or Kjerstad permanently and just see how they shake out, which wouldn't offensively be as bad as Mullins has been this year. Slide over Cowser to CF if we can't find that good a deal, and then go for anothter SP arm and some more depth in the pen. They don't trade Basallo because (and this is just me speculating) that they could move on from either Mountcastle or O'Hearn in the 2025-2026 offseason depending on if they can get a good return on them, like what we saw Tampa do with Austin Meadows a couple years back and the Orioles have a backup to replace said bat or bats.  In terms of who we go for, I don't really know. I don't like the idea of reuniting with Tanner Scott because his control issues and walk rate are still very present. I'm not in love with the idea of going for Kopech because the numbers and peripherals are average at best.  Carlos Estavez from the Angels, sure but how high is that asking price going to be? Whoever sells come deadline time could be interesting, as teams like the Cubs and Tigers could potentially be sellers come deadline time. Maybe even the mighty Astros who haven't been as good this year could be persuaded to sell off some talent depending on who we make available. It's a little to early to tell as of right now due to a good chunk of the sport sitting at around 500, but who knows at this point? 
    • I don’t think it will meaningfully affect who they are looking to deal at the trade deadline. The Orioles will be more inclined to include guys who they aren’t planning to add to the 40 as the last pieces in a deal, but there isn’t a huge crunch that means they NEED to clear 40 man roster space. Of all the guys after Hays on that list, I think Strowd and Young are the only ones who are high probability of being added right now. None of the other borderline guys have much trade value at all. Note Baker is out of options next year, he’s going to have to pitch well the rest of the year to warrant his spot.  I also think Luis González is going to get a look at some point and will ultimately become the new Vespi for 2025, optionable lefty riding the Norfolk shuttle. 
    • Yea, for this season. As I said, any of those guys are capable for a season or 2 but the odds are that they won’t live up to larger contracts and that you don’t want to get into expensive deals with guys like that.
    • Good question. I have been so focused on this season I have given zero thought to the 40 Man and Rule 5. I think Santander gets QO and O'Hearn goes FA. We could lose both. I don't really see any young guys that "must" be protected other than Mayo, McDermott, and S. Johnson. D. Johnson is having a nice season as CF is a need but not sure he belongs on the 40 man. Davidson is having a nice season. I could see him taking a deep depth spot to replace Zimmermann.     
    • I wonder if he could comp with the glove to a guy like Alec Bohm? Big dude, not a great defender, but doesn't kill his team and makes some great plays along the way with the glove while mashing with the bat.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now