Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Suarez?  I would have been guessing between Kremer and Grayson if I didn't know the result was incredible. 🙂
    • Data point:  Sunset Wednesday in Baltimore is 6:46 PM, about 2 hours and 10 minutes after the scheduled start of the Orioles game.
    • Thanks, I figured the easiest way to address the question was just to see if he has done it in the past, and it looks as if he had. I'd be shocked if it would be an issue now when it wasn't last season.
    • First pitch was at 1:36. 
    • It's a 48 hour event spanning three days from sunset to sunset two days later. The two evenings, particularly the first one, are typically the most significant. Since last Sep 17th was the third day, it's possible he was more willing to pitch that day than on one of the prior two evenings. It's also possible Dean just changed his perspective and pitching on the holiday is not an issue for him.  In any event, if pitching on the holiday is an issue, it might be relevant for both Wednesday and Thursday, since the holiday begins at sundown Wednesday. 
    • If you’d rather have Trumbo under any circumstances, well then. God only knows how many extra runs scored because he let a ball fall in front of him, but it was a lot. An out at the plate is only an out, and it may or may not come with RISP, but a missed catch in the OF gives the offense another chance, extends the inning, puts more pressure on the pitcher.  Mullins saved a lot of runs with his defense and speed even when he wasn’t hitting. im not talking about errors, nor am I talking about routine fly balls, but about the extra inches a good defender gets that make the difference between a catch and a non- catch, and that’s important. And no one knows before the game what will be required of the defender. nine guys come to the plate, and if one of them is in the lineup not for his offense, but for what he offers with the glove, that’s fine. The other eight should cover for him. Thats why Kevin Pillar had a successful career.
    • Not sure why you bothered to quote me. I was helping another poster figure out how not important a left fielder is when it comes to defense in the modern game. You don't start a left fielder for defense.
  • Popular Contributors