vs. TIGERS, 7/30

OFFNY

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least simon's stuff is moving, diving and dipping.

Gonzalez is throwing batting practice.

Simon's stuff is dipping because he's throwing it that slow. Thorne and Palmer didn't even know what some of those pitches were.

Yankees already have 2 runs against a good MLB pitcher. Simon is barely even MLB caliber. And the O's don't have a hit. That being said if the Orioles actually remember how to hit a baseball this game is still in reach.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Does the "insanity" label mean it's something you expected Hyde to do (like using Kimbrel yesterday against the near-bottom of the Phillie lineup with a four-run lead) or not to do?  
    • Every time I see Nestor Cortes I think,”Damn, we sent him back.” The man responsible for that should have been fired…and was! The worst team in modern history couldn’t make room for a promising Rule 5 guy. Grrrrr
    • I would love to see Seattle win. They seem to have such a fun team even when they aren’t scoring, which is usually. But definitely they have some pitching
    • That's an incredibly harsh response to a remarkably thoughtful poster who was quoting a rather reputable pod cast that was asserting an extremely controversial subject. You have definitely lived up to your moniker. You could have just disagreed without taking a personal shot. 
    • In continuance of the discussion in the Bradisch thread re: Cowser as an "elite" OF: I think as the game slows for him he will be an plus defender in LF, hopefully with the Orioles.  However I argued his arm is not yet reliable and while there are little or no stats available that measure accuracy (as opposed to velocity) Savant places him around ~90th among OF's for the most important stat-advance attempts-far behind Hays whose arm is much more respected at #10, Tony and even Mullins "noodle arm" rate much higher.  https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/baserunning?type=Fld&sortColumn=rate_safe&sortDirection=asc  In each of the measurable arm metrics (other than velocity) he is far from "elite".  For advances/attempts to advance above average/succesful advances he is around ~90 in MLB and last among Orioles OF. When you juxtapose Hays's numbers onto CC one thing is evident-Hays has a well earned rep and guys generally don't run on him-guys at this point don't respect CC's arm.
    • I suspect it's because Urias has been hitting much better. I think Westburg/Mateo is better defensively, but it's not a big gap. Good chance this will be a close, low-scoring game. I like having Mateo on the bench in a close game so he can create a run, and some havoc, as a pinch-runner (especially when Mullins is in the starting lineup). Though it doesn't show in the boxscore, his feints from first base were a big factor yesterday.
  • Popular Contributors