DFA Bud Norris...

EagleOriole

@KenWeinmanSport: Bud Norris getting DFA'd brings #Orioles total to $20.1 million spent on DFA'd players. Don't think we'll have a repeat exec of year winner

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg... that's utterly unsustainable. Ouch... not our year so far. Love for that to change.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DFA isn't the same as released. He could take an assignment to AAA and be available to come up in September correct?

Or they could work out a trade before he just becomes a free agent.

Am I wrong about this?

DFA isn't the same as released. He could take an assignment to AAA and be available to come up in September correct?

Or they could work out a trade before he just becomes a free agent.

Am I wrong about this?

No, that's right. The team has 10 days to figure out what to do with him.

Dan Duquette is certainly not afraid to cut bait when he sees a player is not working out, even when there's big "dead" money involved. But is probably due around $3mil for the rest of the season. But DD didn't let that stop him from cutting Bud to bring on a better option. This did not happen under other regimes.

I believe this move is another sign PA has changed at least a little bit in terms of eating money on bad contracts and giving full autonomy to his GM more than "Dan is willing to cut bait while the other GMs would not." I bet Wren and Thrift and Flanny and even MacPhail would have loved to cut bait on all the bad contracts given out over the years but were not given the authority to do so.

@KenWeinmanSport: Bud Norris getting DFA'd brings #Orioles total to $20.1 million spent on DFA'd players. Don't think we'll have a repeat exec of year winner

Ouch

Several ways to look at this:

1) The zinger intended about bad signings

2) Orioles recognize what a sunk cost is, and are willing to cut bait with underperforming players

3) The O's terrible mistakes have cost them 80% of one year of Ryan Howard's contract

I will be surprised if he Bud doesn't get flipped for a PTNLB (or comparable minor leaguer) or ends up in Norfolk.

I don't think there's anyway he goes to Norfolk. It looks like he wants a fresh start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appeared in 14 game, the O's went 4-10

and now we waste a prospect on Parra? Really? Now we are trying to win, after letting Bud Norris on the roster all season. Matusz is still in the Bullpen. Hard to take DD seriously. We haven't fielded our best 25 all season and now we are buyers at the trade deadline. Why?

Appeared in 14 game, the O's went 4-10

and now we waste a prospect on Parra? Really? Now we are trying to win, after letting Bud Norris on the roster all season. Matusz is still in the Bullpen. Hard to take DD seriously. We haven't fielded our best 25 all season and now we are buyers at the trade deadline. Why?

So they can upset you.

Archived