DFA Bud Norris...

EagleOriole

But if we trade him and another team turns him into a staff ace, it will literally be the worst trade ever since Glen Davis, and we simply can't have that happen.

I see what you did there, but in all seriousness I don't think there are two Oriole pitchers that are complete and total opposites of one another when it comes to stuff, potential, and what now looks to be career paths than Bud Norris and Jake Arrieta.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah but Ubaldo looked like toast most of last season until the very end and he has had a bounce back season. Who's to say Bud isn't capable of it too?

He'll be a free agent in a few months, so I don't care if he bounces back. It won't be with the O's.

Can we pay some team to take him??!:confused:

My best guess is that Bud is still around because of a desperate hope that he can be tossed into a package (with the Orioles paying his salary) that can be traded for a modest OF upgrade. That may be part of the reason he pitched last night. I expect, and sure hope, he's not on the 25-man by the end of today.

Yeah but Ubaldo looked like toast most of last season until the very end and he has had a bounce back season. Who's to say Bud isn't capable of it too?

We don't care if he bounces back next year. He's in a walk year. With Ubaldo we HAD to get him right otherwise 3 more long years of Ubaldo Winter.

Archived