vs. TIGERS 8/02

scOtt

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game like this is why I was so unhappy that Manny and Nolan didn't take advantage of the second and third, one out situation in the eighth inning of game one. Tie run in scoring position, two groundouts. It was another bad runner in scoring position game. We've seen far too many of those since June 28.

In 3 of the Orioles games in this series, the starting pitching was abysmal.We are lucky to split this series. The pitching better get it together and soon or the season will be over after the west coast trip.
Yep. Three times they dug us into a hole early, and two games we couldn't come back all the way from it.

The game like this is why I was so unhappy that Manny and Nolan didn't take advantage of the second and third, one out situation in the eighth inning of game one. Tie run in scoring position, two groundouts. It was another bad runner in scoring position game. We've seen far too many of those since June 28.

They've had 2 chances all game with RISP. It's not like they went 0-12.

They've had 2 chances all game with RISP. It's not like they went 0-12.

I was talking about game one. Remember, in that game they blew four chances with a runner on third and less than two outs, and went two for nine (if I recall correctly) with runners in scoring position in the game they wound up losing by one. Despite our bad pitching, the game was winnable, but we didn't win it

Archived