vs. ROYALS, 8/26

OFFNY

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're not dead. We came in tonight 2.5 off the wild card and will probably end tonight 2 games out.

We're dead if we don't start playing a LOT better. Obviously. But people are awfully eager to shovel dirt on our grave when we have not been more than 2.5 games off a wild card all season.

If we win this there will be 36 games left. In order to get the Wild Card I think we have go 23-13, maybe a little better than that. It's very unlikely given the schedule and the team's record against teams over .500 . We'll need our starting pitching to be very good and our offense to be hitting well and maybe a little luck too. But it's not over, your right. We have a mountain to climb but it's not over because none of those 2nd WC teams are running away with anything.

As soon as you bring the infield in a routine hard ground ball will go through for a hit. It's just not the percentage play. Britton has had an inordinate number of super short ground balls lately but that can't continue (and only a couple of them would have been fieldable by an infielder playing in).

I don't think it's a good idea.

I thought it was more so-called swinging bunts and balls pounded into the grass. Probably on a 4 to one ratio. I'm with at least not playing as deep as normally. Happened over and over vs. Twins. Edit: I see you kind of acknowledged that. But I think it happens more than just lately.

The Royals ALWAYS give back runs when they score.

I wonder if it was more of a perception because of how crucial the situations were when it happened to the O's rather than the avg. of times it happened.

I thought it was more so-called swinging bunts and balls pounded into the grass. Probably on a 4 to one ratio. I'm with at least not playing as deep as normally. Happened over and over vs. Twins.

It does seem like when Zach has gotten in trouble, there have been at least a few of those. On the other hand, he gets a ton of routine grounders too. Something for the analytics people to look at. Intriguing idea.

Archived