A potential storm brewing?

Babypowder

What makes you think Buck would be an effective general manager? He has no front office or scouting experience at all. From his background, how can you be sure he has the ability hire the right people in scouting, analytics, player development and baseball operations?

I believe Buck had a pretty significant role in building the DBacks organization before they started playing. I think he'd probably have the chops to be a good GM.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Duquette leaves, it will have nothing to do with "one bad season." I think something else has been stirring since the events of last off-season and are still percolating..

Exactly. This isn't about a bad season it is about whether or not something else is going on.

I don't think anyone will overreact to one disappointing season. I expect Dan and Buck to both return. Another bad season might change things.

The report indicates that it is not just Buck and Dan, the report indicates that there is widespread issues in the front office. Do you think that can lead to the off season the Orioles need to have? I doubt it. This off season is really going to test the leadership abilities of Dan to get everyone moving in the right direction.

Personally I think Duquette needs to go. Once the Toronto mess came about things just didn't seem right. Pete should have let him walk because we all know he wanted out.

I would have toyed around with Toronto til I got their best offer then I would have said fine we'll take it and sent Duquette on his way. He did nothing to help a team that was 4 freaking games from the WS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think Duquette needs to go. Once the Toronto mess came about things just didn't seem right. Pete should have let him walk because we all know he wanted out.

I would have toyed around with Toronto til I got their best offer then I would have said fine we'll take it and sent Duquette on his way. He did nothing to help a team that was 4 freaking games from the WS.

When it comes to that, yeah, you have a point. However, what I want to know is what lead to DD even considering the toronto offer.

For this theory to have any basis in reality, one or both would have to resign, and Angelos would have to agree to let it happen. There is no way Peter Angelos is firing either one and eating three years of their salary remaining.

No.

way.

What is much more likely is that Duquette will draw criticism from day one of the offseason if he doesn't sign the best free agents available, or pull off a mega-trade that would make Orioles history.

For this theory to have any basis in reality, one or both would have to resign, and Angelos would have to agree to let it happen. There is no way Peter Angelos is firing either one and eating three years of their salary remaining.

No.

way.

What is much more likely is that Duquette will draw criticism from day one of the offseason if he doesn't sign the best free agents available, or pull off a mega-trade that would make Orioles history.

The mega trade would have to be that good for me to regain the 2014 confidence I had in DD

No.

way.

So everyone who works in a bad environment resigns?

Well, this is 1997 all over again for Duquette, where he overly dumpster dived. He's repeating the same thing he did with boston back in the day. We have to trust him

I don't think this is as good a situation as what he had in Boston. Obviously I have nothing to back that up its just a general feeling with how things have been. With that being said I do think of one needs to go its Duquette.

I'm not a fan of how he ran this team and how he handles the farm system. Duquette has probably forgot more about baseball then I'll ever know but I personally think Duquette benefited from what McPhail left behind. I'm sure I'll take a beating for saying this but I honestly truly believe that.

The one that gets the credit from me is McPhail.

Archived