vs. ROYALS, 9/12

OFFNY

Yeah, he does seem to have a thought out approach to keeping the whole team fresh. But I have no idea what a logical plan would look like. It seems like maybe folks have not thought about this as explicitly as they have about managing pitchers.

One issue on our team is that a guy like Paredes can't play defense. That being said DH is a spot where you can rest a guy. There seems to be a macho attitude about this. I mean a 150 game player is still an "everyday" player.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once a week Flash subs for Machado, Schoop or Hardy.

If they are on turf then Flash subs for each of them once in a three game series.

That would be the rough framework I would build around.

I'd also give Jones a day off 3-4 weeks.

Jones is at an age where it needs to happen. What you say is another reason I like Zobrist, like having two players in one.

WTF? The game's not even on the radio?

Several years ago I was driving from someplace to somewhere and turned on the radio to catch the ALCS game. The local sports radio station was broadcasting talk about football. No other station was broadcasting the game. Eventually as the night went on I could intermittently pull in a Salt Lake City station that had the game. I took it as another assault on American culture.

Wonder how many Royals fans are local or from KC, weekend series makes it easier.

Good question. And it was pretty much my question earlier today (about last night's game). I saw a few blue shirts in lots of the TV shots. I think it was a Kansas resident who replied tried to make the point about how they're drawing 30K a night in KC. Yes, they are. But still curious, like you, about are these authentic KC fans HERE in Charm City or just leftover bandwagoners from last year.

Several years ago I was driving from someplace to somewhere and turned on the radio to catch the ALCS game. The local sports radio station was broadcasting talk about football. No other station was broadcasting the game. Eventually as the night went on I could intermittently pull in a Salt Lake City station that had the game. I took it as another assault on American culture.

You usually can't find the playoffs on Baltimore radio.Ravens,Ravens and Ravens.

Archived