vs. ROYALS, 9/12

OFFNY

Cespedes is getting some dark horse NL chatter to boot.

Yeah, don't see it happening though. He'll get some votes, but I bet some people don't even put him on the ballot because he's played so few games in the NL.

Cespedes seems to carry winning everywhere. Well, maybe not Boston, but they were already out of it when they traded for him. He wouldn't be a bad consolation for Chris Davis, though he'd be yet another right handed bat... but my gut says he stays a Met for a good while.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, don't see it happening though. He'll get some votes, but I bet some people don't even put him on the ballot because he's played so few games in the NL.

Cespedes seems to carry winning everywhere. Well, maybe not Boston, but they were already out of it when they traded for him. He wouldn't be a bad consolation for Chris Davis, though he'd be yet another right handed bat... but my gut says he stays a Met for a good while.

Yeah, I don't see the Mets letting him get away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't that lineup still be better than the '27 Yankees without Donaldson?

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Are you arguing that Toronto isn't the best team in the AL right now? If you are, then lets not talk about it anymore, we can agree to disagree.

I had heard the Mets said when they traded him that he was a pure rental and they had no intention of re-signing him. Can't afford to, as they are still trying to get out from under the Madoff mess and keep paying Bobby Bonilla.

Don't know if anything has changed...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I had heard the Mets said when they traded him that he was a pure rental and they had no intention of re-signing him. Can't afford to, as they are still trying to get out from under the Madoff mess and keep paying Bobby Bonilla.

Don't know if anything has changed...

Wow. Cespedes doesn't deserve to be such a vagabond. But he'll be happy when he gets paid big time.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Are you arguing that Toronto isn't the best team in the AL right now? If you are, then lets not talk about it anymore, we can agree to disagree.

No, the Jays are really good right now, especially on offense. My point is why should Donaldson get the MVP when the Jays would still be among the best teams without him? Bautista, Encarnacion, and co would still be one of the best offenses.

Trout is the MVP.

Wow. Cespedes doesn't deserve to be such a vagabond. But he'll be happy when he gets paid big time.

He had a clause that required for him to be released. That meant that the team he played on could not resign him until May of 2016. Since he was traded mid year and could not be offered Qualifying, he and his agent approached the Mets about redoing that clause so that they do not have to release him. Therefore, theoretically, his agent may tell other clubs that the Mets are in on the bidding. That is all that happened.

No, the Jays are really good right now, especially on offense. My point is why should Donaldson get the MVP when the Jays would still be among the best teams without him? Bautista, Encarnacion, and co would still be one of the best offenses.

Trout is the MVP.

Trout has hit about .220 since August 1, coinciding with his team falling practically out of contention. That is the EXACT OPPOSITE of valuable.

Unless you are one of those people that believes the MVP should be exactly equivalent to the WAR Title Winner, I don't see how you could possibly even consider Trout for MVP.

Trout is the MVP.

The numbers disagree.

Archived