vs. ROYALS, 9/13

OFFNY

I said earlier, Cueto is a pretty big dude. Don't know about the rest of their pitchers. After smashing a bat one-handed Friday night... Would YOU throw at Chris? :P

I wouldn't. And Cueto wasn't part of the early season shenanigans (being in Cincy then). A team that's a shoo-in for postseason would be especially dumb to start something by throwing at people and endangering their own guys.. I know I wouldn't if I were them. But they seem to have some hot-headed bullpen guys (and some starters - the ones who were on a rampage in the early weeks of the season). Just wondering if there's any perceived "disrespect" which seemed a really big thing for KC vs. a number of teams early on.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't. And a team that's a shoo-in for postseason would be especially dumb to start something by throwing at people and endangering their own guys.. I know I wouldn't if I were them. But they seem to have some hot-headed bullpen guys (and some starters - the ones who were on a rampage in the early weeks of the season). Just wondering if there's any perceived "disrespect" which seemed a really big thing for KC vs. a number of teams early on.

If they bring in a September callup next inning or so, it might be on. :noidea:

If they bring in a September callup next inning or so, it might be on. :noidea:

Good point. I do know Buck hates this kind of stuff (the throwing at guys stuff), but when asked if he's "afraid" of getting his guys into a tit for tat thing, he said "Afraid? We're not afraid. We'll deal with whatever's handed to us." He was STILL ticked off after that Davis 8th inning incident (and subsequent ejection).

Good point. I do know Buck hates this kind of stuff (the throwing at guys stuff), but when asked if he's "afraid" of getting his guys into a tit for tat thing, he said "Afraid? We're not afraid. We'll deal with whatever's handed to us." He was STILL ticked off after that Davis 8th inning incident (and subsequent ejection).

Best Buck quote ever!

JJ Hardy leadoff double. :)

Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny!

Archived