Duquette on Re-signing Davis and Offseason Priorities

Slappy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should thank the Phillies.

They were kind enough to show us all what happens when you try and extend your core.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Potentially. They have too many players who can produce more for less money, including AJ Reed. <a href="https://t.co/Wk2dH8DPLp">https://t.co/Wk2dH8DPLp</a></p>— keithlaw (@keithlaw) <a href="

">October 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Potentially. They have too many players who can produce more for less money, including AJ Reed. <a href="https://t.co/Wk2dH8DPLp">https://t.co/Wk2dH8DPLp</a></p>— keithlaw (@keithlaw) <a href="
">October 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We had some posters that wanted to trade for him did we not?

And by then most of them are pretty close to the point when they start to decline.

As long as you don't get emotionally attached to people you don't really know and who have no idea who you are it isn't a big deal when they leave.

To me, being a fan is a lot more fun when you're emotionally attached.

I obviously approach things from a different angle.

I don't like watching players that are a shell of their former selves shuffling along and pulling down the rest of the team.

That's fair. I agree but I also don't expect CD to be a shell of himself during this contract he's about to get.

You can be emotionally attached to the team without being emotionally attached to individual players.

This is also true. That's not how I roll though.

However at the same time I don't let my attachment cloud my judgement of what's best for the team.

I will be sad if CD leaves but I'll get over it quickly if we do something to replace him or improve the team in other areas.

This is also true. That's not how I roll though.

However at the same time I don't let my attachment cloud my judgement of what's best for the team.

I will be sad if CD leaves but I'll get over it quickly if we do something to replace him or improve the team in other areas.

The problem is this: does anyone actually think Duquette will address Davis leaving without some budget/AAAA move like calling up Christian Walker or another Parmelee type? Look at how he handled the LF and RF spots last season. It was an absolute disaster.

If you let your RF and DH go and you have vacancies at LF, RF and DH, you don't play the damn lottery and throw a bunch of fodder at it and hope that something sticks. That's been Duquette's MO since he started with us.

The problem is this: does anyone actually think Duquette will address Davis leaving without some budget/AAAA move like calling up Christian Walker or another Parmelee type? Look at how he handled the LF and RF spots last season. It was an absolute disaster.

If you let your RF and DH go and you have vacancies at LF, RF and DH, you don't play the damn lottery and throw a bunch of fodder at it and hope that something sticks. That's been Duquette's MO since he started with us.

The difference is we have a lot more money to work with this time around.

Archived