Matt Harvey for Zach Britton?

weams

Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?

• Dark Knight (Boras Client)
    • Zach Attack (Boras Client)

Astros blew a huge lead today. Could be a great match for the O's and Britton. They have a need and a ton of talent. They have 4 FA's out of their pen,

Perez LHP

Sipp LHP

Thatcher LHP

Qualls RHP (has team option but they'll probably decline)

I know the Astros are just loaded in the minors. So much so that they're losing guys in the Rule 5 or having to trade them away for cheap. We all know they lost Deshields but they also gave us R.Rodriguez and Chris Lee for Int'l bonus spots. IMO we could get a nice package from them for Britton.

Players with MLB experience:

Hoes OF R

Singleton 1B L

Stassi C R

P.Tucker LF L

V.Velasquez SP RHP

B.Oberholtzer SP LHP

M.Feliz SP RHP

D.Strailly SP RHP

MILB'ers:

M.Appel SP RHP AAA

A.J Reed 1B L AA

F.Martes SP RHP AA

J.Musgrove SP RHP AA

Like I said they're loaded. I'd have to imagine they have some guys that are out of options too. Maybe something like Velazquez (5th SP), P.Tucker (LF), and a young arm like Feliz.

They also had to make several other two for one trades that did not work in there favor. It will be hard to keep all of their youth on the 40 man.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope nobody actually thinks Zach Britton alone would net us Matt Harvey. Wow, the Mets GM would break a rib laughing from that proposal. He may very well be dealt this off-season but if so its going to be a huge haul of young controlled talent at multiple positions. The Dark Knight is one of the best young pitchers in the game and should have an amazing year next season without restrictions.

• 3 weeks later...

Too soon?

If there was even the slightest chance that the Orioles could annex Matt Harvey to their 2016 roster, it would never be soon to talk about it.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is even the slightest chance of that happening.

If there was even the slightest chance that the Orioles could annex Matt Harvey to their 2016 roster, it would never be soon to talk about it.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is even the slightest chance of that happening.

I imagine it would take Schoop, Britton, Gonzalez/Tillman, and someone like Mancini to prevent the Mets from hanging up the phone in laughter.

Archived