Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kansas City makes a little noise:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25404154/royals-and-joakim-soria-agree-on-three-year-25-million-deal' rel="external nofollow">

Royals and Joakim Soria agree on 3 yr, $25 mil deal

Higher average per year than O'Day, for one less year.

Assume he sets up this year but wonder if he closes the last two years. Also wonder if this means they are moving on from Holland?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The thing about Venable is that the O's would be asking him to switch leagues and maintain a high OBP. That didn't work last year when he went to Texas. He also had a very bad 2014.

He did have a poor 2014. That was an awfully small sample size in Texad, roughly 1/3 the PAs that Parra had with the O's.

I'd love to get Span too. This team has lacked a true leadoff hitter since Roberts and I think he would be a nice addition.

Not sure I would give Alvarez 3yrs but between him and Trumbo I think it would help replace Davis power wise.

Signing those two would also help keep money free to add a SP.

I'd be okay with Span on a 2-3 year as long as it can be done at a reasonable price. His injuries groin/hip are a concern for a guy that relies on speed.

The thing about Venable is that the O's would be asking him to switch leagues and maintain a high OBP. That didn't work last year when he went to Texas. He also had a very bad 2014.

If they sign Venable it's not to be an OBP machine, it's to be a decent defense-first 4th outfielder and possible platoon player. The difference between PETCO and OPACY is probably bigger than the league difficulty differences.

In another tweet from Biertempfel, he hears that the Mets and Orioles “still have at least lukewarm interest” in Neil Walker. Pittsburgh and Baltimore have discussed Walker “off and on” during the winter, while New York is a new player in connection with Walker’s services. The Mets are likely to have a hole at second base with Daniel Murphy‘s departure, though Walker’s MLBTR-projected $10.7MM salary in arbitration may be as much of an issue for the budget-conscious Mets as it is for the Pirates.

Id be very interested in understanding the plan if we add Neal Walker. Would they be moving someone?

Not just a couple prospects. If MLBTradeRumors is right (Seager, Urias, and De Leon) that is a couple BIG prospects. Seager and Urias were the #1 and #4 prospects in all MLB in BaseballAmerica's midseason rankings. De Leon was #20. That is a huge haul.

I may have been underestimating how much we could get for Britton...

The rumor is that none of those three were included, right? Not two of those three.

Archived