Trumbo an Oriole (For Clevenger Done Deal)

MASNPalmer

It's a better lineup with speed at the top and better outfield defense that can run down anything (if healthy.) Still need someone who can pitch before it's all that much better than last season.

And of course you are right. I should have said lineup, instead of team. As per the pitching, here is what I think. I never thought Tillman was an ace. But I also don't think he is a #5 starter like he was last year. I think he is a legit, strong #3 and I expect him to pitch like one this season. I have always like Gonzo, and he was hurt last year. I expect him to be solid. Gausman has #1 potential, and I expect him to show further development if left alone, making a start every 5th day. He won't be an ace next year, but he will be solid and show flashes of what he will become. Those three for me, are the base of our rotation. We will probably need to add a starter by trade or Free Agency, and hope that one of the young guns can make the leap. Still, I like this lineup and feel it gives us a real chance. And I think it would be really stupid to sink 20+ million into CD, who I like very much. This team needs to be re-invented with more speed, more athleticism.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's not forget we could keep Davis in RF and play Trumbo at 1B. Trumbo doesn't exclude us from getting Davis especially if the Mariners pitch in some cash.

I like this idea. Davis in RF until we can find some OF'ers. Especially with MW coming back. Maybe we really will spend. Trumbo. O'day. Davis. Gallardo.

I like this idea. Davis in RF until we can find some OF'ers. Especially with MW coming back. Maybe we really will spend. Trumbo. O'day. Davis. Gallardo.

Except CD has been just as awful as Trumbo in the OF. For anybody who has issues with Nolan Reimolds defense, CD is light years worse than Reimold out there. I say that signing CD is a mistake even if he came at a hometown discount.

Except CD has been just as awful as Trumbo in the OF. For anybody who has issues with Nolan Reimolds defense, CD is light years worse than Reimold out there. I say that signing CD is a mistake even if he came at a hometown discount.

It seems like guys playing out of position get a lot of slack.

Mark Reynolds was not good at first.

Ryan Flaherty is not good at short.

Steve Pearce is not good at second.

Chris Davis is a first baseman.

I don't think we were ever in on Davis. I think the PA special Davis budget talk is just a way to drive up his price.

Let's say I'll be surprised if he signs with us. Going into the off season I was giving us maybe a 10% chance at max to resign him, and nothing much has changed.

Let's say I'll be surprised if he signs with us. Going into the off season I was giving us maybe a 10% chance at max to resign him, and nothing much has changed.
I'd like to know where else he signs. I think BOS, if the can move HanRam or maybe SEA. I doubt STL. I think the odds favor the O's if they are willing to wait out Boras.

I would wait for the non tenders. If Revere is non tendered, I make a strong play for him. If Trumbo and Alvarez are non tendered, I make a strong play for one of them...For me that would be Trumbo. I would try to sign both of them for responsible 3 yr. deals.. 3/20 for Revere and 3/22 for the firstbaseman. Either first baseman is a caddy for Mancini, and then becomes a primary DH. These moves hit us for 14-15 mil against the budget. We get a speedy top of the order OFer and a big bopper. I would then look to add an OFer that can play the OF. Denard Span would be perfect if they can get comfortable with his health.

Archived